Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

Perhaps use an apple airtag? Or an alternative (google Airtag alternative)

1 Like

I think the airtag is a good idea. I think it basically requires establishment of a routine. I’ve learned that anytime I put on or take off a mask, I need to check to make sure hearing aids are in place. If using the Select, it’ll need to become a habit to check for it when getting up from table. It’s largely mindfulness training, but the airtag is a good backup strategy.

1 Like

I buy “shipping labels” off eBay to tag things so I don’t forget. The small manila tags with a string or wire.
Very handy and inexpensive.

Thanks. Yes Cochlear is my brand but I deeply appreciate universal Bluetooth and was considering a Phonak until the new Bluetooth 5.2 low energy (which will be more universal) is released: thus the attractiveness of a cheaper hearing aid in the meantime.

I have a friend who bought a single KS9 a while back.

1 Like

The Jabra Enhance Pro PM aids are rebranded ReSound One aids, and are $1799.99 a pair at Costco. The literature indicates that they will support the low energy bluetooth in a future firmware update. I would think Costco would sell just one, you end up with a GN ReSound aid, and it’s future-proofed with the upcoming firmware update.

Regarding AirTags, do you have any idea whether the KS-10 hearing aids contain the BT technology that would, if Phonak did the appropriate programming, enable them to be “found” by Apple’s “FindMy” mobile app? Apple’s marketing suggests that it’s possible, but thus far the only devices that show up in FindMy are all Apple products.

Perhaps there’s an aftermarket for jewelry. One could fuse an AirTag to the end of the anchors that attempt to keep the hearing aids in place or attach them by some other means, but then one would have to deal with the tone the AirTag emits when “found,” (which would be just as embarrassing and intrusive as when I “find” my glasses already mounted on my nasal bridge and ears!

Which processor are you using?

The Nucleus 7 or Kanso 2 will Bluetooth with Android and IPhone without an intermediate device. Your Resound hearing aid needs to be newer, not sure which one. @Deaf_piper and @debbie_o can help with which aid can function together with the N7 or K2 processors. I do wonder if the new Costco Jabra aids would work? That might be very helpful for some.

I don’t think this would work with KS-10. The refererence was to finding a Phonak Roger Select. I think attaching an air tag would be a reasonable thing to do to a Phonak Roger Select.

As @MDB said KS10 (Phonak) won’t work with Cochlear brand if you have a K2. If you have a N7, I was told you could purchase a Phonak receiver that you screw into the bottom of your battery compartment. Then Phonak accessories “should”’ work but not guaranteed. But if you have the full length battery pack the extra 1/2-3/4 inch screwed into the bottom of the battery and the added weight on your ear?
But generally speaking Phonak accessories are not easily adapted to fit the Cochlear brand.

Far easier to get Resound HA and the accessories multi mic etc.

1 Like

You can adjust speech focus from app,if you increase focus shifts to front side ,you can see circle changing from omni to uni direction and save the settings

The only literature I’ve see is from a couple of bloggers who think that BT 5.2 guarantees an automatic upgrade path to LE Audio. I would not assume that to be true until I saw confirmation from Resound.

An Airtag is a locator device, right? So how does an Airtag help me remember to take the Roger Select when I get up from the restaurant table?

@torbill It started with locating missing keys but later more features were added.One of the feature is separation alert.

It is in the ReSound One literature.

It doesn’t, but it could help you find it.

“Bluetooth Low Energy” is not “Bluetooth Low Energy Audio.” BT LE is just BT 4.x (or whatever) and higher. MFi runs on BT LE. Perhaps ReSound (and/or BT SIG) took naming brand/model lessons from Microsoft, which offers the Xbox One X and the XBox Series X/S - try to keep track of that! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I agree. I set the graphic equalizer to what I consider perfect settings, and the HAs revert to either Automatic or a Bluetooth setting. Very frustrating. How can I make my settings the default settings?

Whenever my phone auto-locks, or receives a call or text, the HAs revert to the default settings.

I will go back to Costco soon to see what the audio tech can do.

Sam, “separation alert”. This is great, exactly what I need - go out of bluetooth range and I get an alert on my phone. Better yet, perhaps this can be set up so that I get the alert on my watch, and wouldn’t even have to have my phone with me.

I have questions about the details of how this would work for me in various situations, but it seems to be a great way to go. Thanks!

2 Likes