Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

@runner Can you share the link to power pack ebay item and it fits with KS10?.I’m picking up my KS10 and power pack this week or next week.If ebay item fits and works I do swap for TV Connector

Hi Runner,
There is a lot of refurbished ones there.
I found a new one for $59.
Is this compatible: POWER PACK FOR PHONAK MARVEL M-R & BELONG B-R CHARGER CASES

Just picked up a TV Connector from Costco. Truly amazing! Far more automatic and lower latency than my previous streamers, and it streams to both my wife’s and my aids at the same time. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

s-l500
If it looks like this, it works.

Picked up the KS-10 HA’s yesterday with a TV Connector. Fitter had trouble with a computer crash in the middle of all this and finally sent me out with a promise to fix everything on my return visit next week. Before we finished she tried to get the TV Connect working and could not. At home I attached everything and could link my HA’s to the TV Connect and can get a tone when I press the + or - key but no sound from the TV. Looking at the end of the TOSLINK I see red light telling me it is connected to the TV and when plugging it into the unit I receive a tone telling me the unit recognizing a link but no sound in the HA’s. I’m thinking I need to have Costco replace the unit. Anybody have any trouble shooting ideas?

Did you read the pairing instructions? I think there is a little button on backside (where connector and power cord go) that needs to be pushed with hearing aids nearby, but read the instructions to make sure) I beleive they should be in the box that TV connector came in. If not, shouldn’t be hard to find online.

Paired just fine. Reading the book it says that after pairing the light should turn from flashing blue to green. Mine does not, it stays light blue or white signaling no data transfer. I can push a up or down volume button and get a tone so the TVC is connected to my HA’s just not pumping sound.

Have you used that Toslink port on another device?
Might there be a setting on the tv to send audio to the digital port?

2 Likes

Does the TV Connector specify what types of signals (PCM, Dolby Digital, other more complicated Dolby modes, etc) that it will accept? Does the TV have a setting for selecting what type of signal it sends out via TOSLINK? I’ve read that the original Phonak equivalent accepted only PCM and some newer TVs default to more complicated encodings that your Connector may/may not support.

I assume that the Connector has some sort of analog input (stereo jack?) - if so does that work with some arbitrary signal connected?

1 Like

The KS10 has just come out in the UK.

Hard to get a sense from this thread whether the KS10 is a must do upgrade from the KS9.

Does anybody have an opinion on this?

1 Like

I think it depends on what’s important to you. If you want a rechargeable hearing aid or the ability to pair to multiple (up to 8) Bluetooth devices, then I’d say the KS10 is an important upgrade. If you’re fine with (or prefer) disposable batteries and happy with BT capabilities of KS9, might not make sense.

5 Likes

You are correct. I tried the TV Connect on two other TV’s in our home and found it works great. However, the family room TV that I watch has the proper port and there is a red light at the end of the connect cable but no sound is transmitted. It must be a DTS signal that is incompatible rather than Dolby or PCM signal. I have a Maranrz AV Surround Receiver NR1607 feeding the TV which I believe is the DTS culprit. My older Panasonic TV claims the Digital Audio out port is PCM but somehow it wont work the TV Connect. I have spent all day going through the surround sound and TV manuals with no joy. I’m about to give up ad return the TV Connect to Costco. The choice of starting to replace TV or surround sound or both is another option.

Hi @Feral, you may have to go into the gubbings :rofl: (Scots word for menu) or in this case TV menu and manually activate the optical out, I know I had to do this with my other TV to connect a sound bar & TV Connector via a splitter to both. Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

I just picked up my KS10, I had the KS9. I can’t say I can hear better with the KS10, but still doing some tuning. The KS10 does some capability for speech enhancement in quiet, but that setting can make other things not sound right.

1 Like

I’ve just ordered the last pair of KS9s that Costco is likely to sell! Tough decision as I would love the extra Bluetooth capabilities, but I just can’t get my head around rechargeables. Each to their own!

5 Likes

I bought a Phonak mini charger to have as a spare and to use for travel. I’m pleased that it is so small. Note - this has a USB “C” connector, different from the micro connector on the KS charger, so be sure to pack the right cord.

3 Likes

How much and where did you buy it?

Why can’t everyone just settle on USB C already. It’s the standard going forward (has been for a few years) so why make people have to carry extra cables with them for all their devices? For travel I’ll have at least my phone, laptop, kindle, and one or two other things I can’t remember that will need charging, and I feel like I’m a traveling Best Buy cable aisle.

That is a nice small charger to carry around. If I had rechargeable HAs I’d definitely get something like that and just keep it in the bottom of my backpack. Then I’d never forget or get caught short if the charge runs down faster than expected if I were using it for a long day.

1 Like

How much charge does this give you? Do you pre charge it and then put the aids in ? Or do you charge by using the usb-c cable connected to electricity supply wherever you go?

Because Microusb is cheap compared to Type-C. And the manufacturer aims to consume the old stock of parts. Maybe Costco agreed to some compromises to save more money.
There are probably other details where they saved in relation to the brand name (Phonak) HA.

1 Like