Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

As others have mentioned, this is normally because of the right HA being the Bluetooth master. If by chance, the hearing in your right ear is worse than your left, this can also increase this issue. Though with this latter case, your fitter can switch your left HA to be the master.

Recently I have also noticed that If my HAs are connected to both my phone & my mac simultaneously, the right HA will drop even faster, as much as 20% lower battery than the left HA by the end of the day. Because of this, I have started only connecting it to my computer when needed.

1 Like

Could you tell us specifically which app you used and who wrote it? I see many for Android with similar names.
Thanks…

Trying out a TV Connector. Is there any easy way to prioritize the order of paired devices on these aids? I have my phone paired of course so I get calls and notifications, but when the TV connector is hooked up whenever I get a email of other type of notification the TV connector is muted. Is there a setting to do this, or do I just have to unpair my phone while watching TV?

I have ReSound HA’s and TV Connector - but won’t just putting your phone on Do Not Disturb work? I think that blocks just about everything but Alarms and one or two other things that I don’t remember, both for Android and iOS.

Thanks. That helped some. I also had to turn off my keyboard click sound as that was muting the TV connector audio as well. I’m testing on my office TV, and even with the volume on the TV connector at it’s lowest setting it’s too loud. In the Easy Line Remote app I can lower the volume, but that’s a global setting to the hearing aids from all sources. This particular TV is an older LG Plasma, and it looks like there’s no adjustment for the line out audio volume. Still testing and figuring out all these little glitches. I really need it most in my family room, and that’s a Samsung TV with a Yamaha sound bar and the main source is a DirecTv C61K box that as I recall doesn’t have simultaneous audio out from the HDMI and the optical out. I may have to use an HDMI splitter with audio out to make that system work with one of these TV connectors.

Maybe this sort of thing would help. It says for a Sony TV (2018 vintage), that’s there’s a way to adjust the audio out volume and also play around with Audio Normalization settings (sound leveling): How to adjust sound settings on your Sony TV - Sony Bravia Android TV Settings Guide: What to Enable, Disable and Tweak | Tom’s Guide (tomsguide.com)

So maybe your TV(s) have similar settings? Interesting that Abram inquired a while back about how to deal with TV volume problems: How to normalize TV volume? (reduce loud ads, etc) - Question and Answer - Hearing Aid Forum - Active Hearing Loss Community (hearingtracker.com)

You would think there should be a way to adjust streaming content volume independently from hearing aid volume. I discovered my TV’s sound bar in our family room not only receives Bluetooth, but transmits as well. (No Phonak TV Connector Needed!) I was able to pair them with my hearing aids, but again the TV volume is a bit too loud and reducing the volume with the Easy line App reduces only the master volume to my hearing aids, not just the TV volume being streamed via Bluetooth from the Yamaha sound bar. Which mean when I get the TV volume at a decent level, I can’t hear other sounds and especially my wife’s voice as well anymore.

How does BT streaming to the Phonak aids compare with using the TV Connector? Sound quality? Battery life?

The TV Connector has volume buttons.
It easily changes streaming volume.

On my original post I mentioned that the volume is all the way down on the TV connector, and it’s still too loud. It looks like the previous (Pre Marvel) that used the Com Pilot for streaming had the ability to adjust streaming volume independently with the Phonak phone app. Why would they omit this adjustment on the Marvel and Paradise aids?

Can’t give you an answer on the battery life since I just paired and only listened for a few minutes, but the sound quality is better streaming direct from my TV’s sound bar compared to the TV Connector. When watching my local news last night in my office through the TV Connector, the news anchor’s voices sounded quite odd and not at all like they do through the TV’s speakers. Not impressed with the TV connector so far due to the sound quality and the minimum volume setting not being low enough.

OK-I was able to get the TV connector to work pretty well on our family room TV by connecting it to the optical output on the DirecTV C61K receiver. I had tried that with my previous Unitron aids and TV connector with no luck, so I thought the optical audio out was not active when using the HDMI out. Anyway, it seems to work pretty well with the volume set a click or 2 up from the lowest setting. I still wish there was a setting for volume level on a streamed device input to the aids. Another small annoyance is that every time I set my aids back to Automatic and come within range, the aids switch back to TV+ Mic and reconnect to the TV connector. Anyway around this outside of turning the power off on the TV connector when I don’t want to stream from it and the TV is on?

One can set the TV Connector to be a manual connection so it’s not automatic, and you then connect via the app. Your audiologist can do this for you in Phonak Target.

I did find out that while streaming you can adjust the volume difference between the streaming source and the hearing aids, but only using the rocker switches on the aids themselves. It would be nice if they would add that adjustment to the app. As far as the TV connector is concerned, I’m just turning it off when I’m not actually sitting down with my wife to watch TV as it was a major pain to have my aids popping in and connecting or partially connecting just walking in my house and apparently coming close enough for them to pickup the connector’s signal. I was in my backyard doing a few things and it hooked up when I went to turn the faucet on to water some plants. LOL!

I’m surprised if Phonak doesn’t have a setting somewhere for this. With the ReSound Smart 3D app, the TV Streamer appears as a separate program and within the program there are separate app controls for streaming volume and for external mics (effectively heard TV or sound bar volume). And I can control the volume of each ear, both for streaming and external sound, separately. If there is not such an option somewhere in the app, why not send feedback to Phonak requesting such an option, mentioning that other brands of HA’s have it?!

Edit_Update: @StevenC56. While watching Dr. Cliff’s video on the Roger On device, I noticed that he showed how to change the balance between external sound and the Roger On at the following point in his video: https://youtu.be/PHBin5VdKXo?t=605. Have you looked for a similar option when in the TV Connector program choice? Sorry if this suggestion is ignorant (what to expect from a ReSound user!). Oops! Had to update the time in the video link.

In the EasyLine app when in “TV connector mode” click on the adjustment bars in the lower right corner. That brings up a slider that lets you adjust streaming input v. external input. This sounds like what you’re doing with the rocker switches, no?

2 Likes

All I get in TV connector + Mic mode when clicking on the bars lower right is the balance adjustment. And on the main page there’s the normal volume slider that I’m pretty sure is just the Master volume like every other mode.

It is the balance between external and streaming input. Sliding toward surrounding will lower the volume coming from the TV.

1 Like

OK-I see that now. I thought it was a normal L&R balance adjustment. Thanks so much! My fitter at Costco was unaware of this as well.

1 Like

I guess the @StevenC56 2 days ago in my post update didn’t work? Interesting if the @ only works for the initial submission of a post. In which case, it would pay to create a new, separate post just to have the intended @ go through to the recipient.