Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

Always confirm this type of stuff, but going from memory the charger uses micro usb so should be able to charge with a power bank. Phonak also makes a Power Pack https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/phonakpro/gc_hq/en/products_solutions/hearing_aid/audeo_marvel/documents/quick_guide_phonak_power_pack_029-1092.pdf

2 Likes

It’s possible Costco will come out with a second KS10 model later.
The original KS9 was not T-Coil. Costco came out with a second KS9 model with T-Coil at a later date.

I would not bet on this but it is possible.

I had same experience, ReSound tech solved by telling me to UNPAIR app from both devices, then REBOOT both devices, then new INSTALL app. Best wishes

1 Like

I’m seeing a difference in the number of ports in the body of the aids; 3 on the P90s (left) vs 2 on the KS10s (right). I was originally thinking all these were mic ports, but perhaps the top two are just vents? If they are mic ports then I’m curious if the underlying hardware is the same. I can’t find any schematics online to check.

mics-P90 mics-ks10

My understanding is that they are mic ports and that Phonak put considerable effort into design to reduce wind noise. That’s one downside of the KS9 and 10 versions. I think it likely that the internals are the same, but this type of info isn’t readily available.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

There was a post in another thread that Costco is not selling KS9 anymore.

1 Like

Thanks MDB. Whatever they are, I can say that the P90s have been much better in wind for me, as compared to my old Brio2s which share the mic layout of the KS10s.

Another improvement perhaps related to mic placement is it’s been much easier to recognize the directionality of and distance to human speakers. Not so much initially with bird calls, but that’s largely resolved itself on its own.

1 Like

If I wanted a spare pair, I’d ask if they could sell a pair that way. I know they have a price list of no longer sold hearing aids.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. I lost one of my previous Costo aids after warranty had expired and they no longer carried the model, but they sold me one.

Ah now that’s a pity - I’d better get in contact with my UK branch ASAP & see if they could slip in a final KS9 order for me.

Can you do this? I mean - even if there is nothing wrong with them? Get a replacement set for free?

Pretty standard to send has back near end of wty to get “checked” out and get new ones back. Really important with rechargeables.

That’s news to me! Thanks

Fair enough. The mini charging case is pretty compact and light. Most people will carry some form of case for storage at night anyway. Many people are also carrying a spare battery pack for charging electronics such as cell phones as well. Given that the weight and bulk penalty are pretty minimal.

Jim

The Phonak mini case is a usb-c plug and works fine with a battery bank.

The combo case is larger but integrates a drying puck and an add on rechargeable battery. It also will work with a battery bank.

4 Likes

I’m assuming the KS 10 will come with the mini case? If so, does anyone know if Costco will carry the combo case and how much it might be?

From the picture, it doesn’t look like either. Looks closer to the combo case but I doubt it has the ability to accept the Power Pack. These are the kind of things we’ll rely on forum members to report back.

1 Like

Wow. These look amazing. Possible upgrade for my 5 year old OPN1. My only concern is they appear to be locked as per Abram’s commentary. I’ve self programmed for the past 4 years and don’t think I could go back to square one with my RSHL and trying to teach the fitter. The Roger compatibility is also very appealing.

1 Like

I just purchased the Costco KS9 and have an appointment for followup this next week. I have worn Costco’s KS6, Resound, for years but have flung them off one too many times with mask use and the wire is now spinning on one hearing aid, and there is no longer any service available for them.

I do have some issues with the KS9 in connectivity. I try to answer the phone with my hearing aids, and it does not answer in my hearing aids, rather, chooses the iphone setting in calls. Unfortunately, the hearing aids answer, and the caller is on standby for quite a while while I’m trying to get to the phone, open the call menu, and click on the “audio” section and select hearing aids - even that doesn’t always work as it disconnects the bluetooth completely at that exact moment. They “appear” connected in the bluetooth section in the phone settings, but the app says they are not connected, and they start their connecting process. The one time everything appears to work so far is if I initiate the call. I have gone through all the disconnect, reconnect, app reinstall, etc., but nothing seems to be working. I have designated that the bluetooth device is a hearing device, etc. Okay, so the only difference I can see from my KS6 and the 9s is MFI - Made for Iphone. I have looked through every setting to see if there’s something to make the answering mode default to hearing aids, but I cannot find anything. Searching online, it appears that to make it the default mode would be to identify the hearing aids in MFI in which it doesn’t ever find the hearing aids; rather, just continues to search forever (I am guessing they are not MFI hearing aids). I have several calls made to Costco, but we keep missing each other as the bluetooth randomly disconnects for whatever reason, and I don’t hear the call at all. In addition, when I place my ear to the receiver as I cannot get connectivity to work, I can no longer hear that way. It is a very tiny sound in the far-off distance. Also, when I am able to get them to work, the person I am talking with hears background echos and crackling. Do I have to purchase a new phone as well? Does Costco sell hearing aids with MFI anymore?

I was born with a “cookie bite” loss, which involves nearly all speech sounds. I have become very astute as reading lips and word recognition based on whatever sounds, or portions thereof, I am able to hear. Unfortunately, I am very dependent on connectivity of my hearing aids to converse with people unless I can SEE what they are saying.

Does anyone have any guidance on connectivity and how to get my KS9s to connect consistently? I am sure it is my operator error, but I just cannot figure it out. Secondly, do you know if connectivity is better in the KS10?

And a little off the KS topic, I have to express to others that may understand how difficult it has been to go out and even shop with masks. I can barely make out anything people are saying as the little I do hear is distorted. I have politely informed people that I am hearing impaired, and they respond by yelling, which does nothing for me to understand. A few people, graciously, have pulled their masks down so that I could see what they are saying, but I even had a pharmacist refuse to talk with me and wrote notes and pressed them against the plastic COVID barrier with a long line of people waiting. Just yesterday, I did not know that a person I just had the “I am hearing impaired” conversation with yell from behind a shelf how many tablets I wanted. I had no idea they were even talking until a person behind me tapped and said they are asking how many? 12 or 24? Frustrating! I am not sure how to convey it better. I am assuming most are in the same boat. Sorry for venting.

Any info would be much appreciated. : ) Hoppy Easter!

Michelle

6 Likes

I didn’t see where Abram’s said anything about them being locked. I can’t vouch for the KS10, but the KS9 which are similar to Marvel instead of Paradise are definitely not locked. By the way, welcome back Abarsanti! Haven’t seen you comment on here in some time.

1 Like