Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

If you want a spare pair of KS9, I’d jump on it. However, you can send your current pair in as they approach the end of their 3 year warranty and get a new pair that way. Who knows what available when they finally wear out.

1 Like

Anyone know why they included the T-coil? Is there that much demand for it these days?

2 Likes

OK, clarificaton on dimensions. They seem to measure width differently than I do. I think they measure from the outside of the bottom to the inside of the top. Since they’re kind of built on a diagonal I think this gives the impression that they’re bulkier. Stated dimensions for my 312T are 1.14 in x .46 in x .29 in So rechargeables are .06 x .04 x. 02 inches bigger. So yes, they are bigger, but not dramatically so. If you want super tiny hearing aids, they’re likely not for you, but in reality they are pretty small. Go look at them in person to really get an idea of what they’re like. Numbers only go so far.

1 Like

Thank you MDB for the quick reply. That is disappointing.

OK I’ve been further pondering my first HA purchase with the KS10’s on Thursday and after discovering the increased size over the KS9’s was initially concerned.
However when I compare it to the Audeo Paradise R the KS10 is just 0.09” longer and 0.02” wider. I think it will be fine since the Audeo Paradise was on my short list.

2 Likes

That probably works but is hard to justify the volume and weight. 312 batteries are small and light. Plus I like the KS 9’s well enough I don’t need to upgrade yet. Will see what comes next.

Does anyone have an idea what the recharging options are? It looks like the charging case requires an AC connection. Is there any option for recharging without AC or a DC adapter? Like a case with built-in battery, or a USB connector so I could use a power bank?

Fred F

Always confirm this type of stuff, but going from memory the charger uses micro usb so should be able to charge with a power bank. Phonak also makes a Power Pack https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/phonakpro/gc_hq/en/products_solutions/hearing_aid/audeo_marvel/documents/quick_guide_phonak_power_pack_029-1092.pdf

2 Likes

It’s possible Costco will come out with a second KS10 model later.
The original KS9 was not T-Coil. Costco came out with a second KS9 model with T-Coil at a later date.

I would not bet on this but it is possible.

I had same experience, ReSound tech solved by telling me to UNPAIR app from both devices, then REBOOT both devices, then new INSTALL app. Best wishes

1 Like

I’m seeing a difference in the number of ports in the body of the aids; 3 on the P90s (left) vs 2 on the KS10s (right). I was originally thinking all these were mic ports, but perhaps the top two are just vents? If they are mic ports then I’m curious if the underlying hardware is the same. I can’t find any schematics online to check.

mics-P90 mics-ks10

My understanding is that they are mic ports and that Phonak put considerable effort into design to reduce wind noise. That’s one downside of the KS9 and 10 versions. I think it likely that the internals are the same, but this type of info isn’t readily available.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

There was a post in another thread that Costco is not selling KS9 anymore.

1 Like

Thanks MDB. Whatever they are, I can say that the P90s have been much better in wind for me, as compared to my old Brio2s which share the mic layout of the KS10s.

Another improvement perhaps related to mic placement is it’s been much easier to recognize the directionality of and distance to human speakers. Not so much initially with bird calls, but that’s largely resolved itself on its own.

1 Like

If I wanted a spare pair, I’d ask if they could sell a pair that way. I know they have a price list of no longer sold hearing aids.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. I lost one of my previous Costo aids after warranty had expired and they no longer carried the model, but they sold me one.

Ah now that’s a pity - I’d better get in contact with my UK branch ASAP & see if they could slip in a final KS9 order for me.

Can you do this? I mean - even if there is nothing wrong with them? Get a replacement set for free?

Pretty standard to send has back near end of wty to get “checked” out and get new ones back. Really important with rechargeables.

That’s news to me! Thanks