Costco Jabra Enhance Pro saga resolved! (Defective external microphones)

In a previous thread I described my difficulty with Jabra Enhance Pro hearing aids (2 years old). The all-around setting (using M&RIE) was my only useable program, and I had terrible problems with the hearing aids when they would limit gain in noisy environments (see My Jabra Enhance Pro (with MRIE2) are great, but automatic noise limiting (maybe) is killing me! - #5 by piques46). When that happened, such as when driving, I could no longer hear my wife in the right seat (no jokes, please!), and noisy restaurants were a complete nightmare.

I was afraid that I had suffered significant hearing loss in the past year and scheduled a complete audio exam with my Costco audiologist. Surprisingly, my hearing had not changed! In trouble-shooting it became more and more clear that the non-M&RIE microphones were completely non-functional. I was fitted with loaners while my aids went in for repair/replacement, and the loaner put my right back into the sweet-spot! Wow, it was great. My back-from-Jabra aids have been equally amazing. When playing pickleball the other day I could actually hear the whooshing sound as balls flew around the court.

Moral: Don’t give up!

3 Likes