Conversion to Rechargeable

No , i never owned rexton… but i stream a lot using the tv streamer and the omnia battery gets squeezed from 30 to like 20 hours…

you know some manufactures let you have a battery powered charger case, like the airpod charger case and most devices are powered off USB which is everywhere which mitigate the issue significantly

@ssa: This is true - in theory. I have been issued a SmartCharger by VAC, and it’s dandy - when it works. It’s already been returned for replacement and I haven’t had the use of it in almost 2 weeks. So it’s not a dependable solution, IMO.

1 Like

As a follow up to a previous question, it appears the More comes with a desktop charger where the aids are not enclosed when charging.

@prodigyplace: That’s correct. That’s the model that I was originally issued, to charge my genuine Oticon®️ brand More1s"

It depends whether you order the standard or ‘travel’ charger with Oticon. The difference is under £200 but makes a difference to some customers with differing needs.

A few of my clients have bought the travel charger as an extra, subsequent to the sale.

1 Like

I was not given a choice. Ordering options may vary by country.

Um_bongo, is the “travel” charger for Lumity Life the one pictured here:

Phonak charger

If there’s anything smaller I’d sure like to get one for travel! This is okay, but a bit bulky.

“Travel” “/smart”/ “premium” charger is just a charger with a built in battery, nothing more and nothing less, like an airpod carrying case…

I truly love my travel charger. Also… now that in Europe every charger must be USB-C, it makes everything easier.

@OpenFitted & @ssa & @prodigyplace: I don’t want to be misconstrued. My SmartCharger went (past tense) a long way to assuaging my rechargeable anxieties when it worked, but it has proven to be less than reliable, and - until those inherent reliability issues are addressed by Oticon - my rechargeable angst remains largely unresolved.

1 Like

sadly cochlear is still using usb a and micro usb for nucleus 8 (a 2022/ 2023 device) charger. they will face issues with when EU law goes into effect…

I’m not sure of the Phonak options.

We don’t sell Sonova any more since they crippled their own devices with unusable wax-traps, overly short battery life and undercutting independent dispensers using their chain of shops.

3 Likes

@Um_bongo: I applaud you, having myself fallen victim to Sonova’s “slave chain” of Canadian retail outlets. They certainly did not listen to my needs and complaints, and seemed at a loss to provide competent fitting and fine tuning.

The world needs more people who - regardless of their place or role in the larger schema of HA marketing - will hold Sonova’s feet to the fire.

1 Like

Ah so! Thanks for clarifying. In that case, I think that’s the very same charging base I have plugged in to the wall. It’s considered a “travel” version cuz if I unplug it and take just that relatively LARGE base, it runs for up to 3 battery recharges on my aids.

2 Likes

Mmmph. So that’s what happens when the big WHALE scarfs up the food chain: The Sonova holding group operates through its core business brands: Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics, AudioNova and Sennheiser.

I’ve owned and enjoyed Phonak and Sennheiser products … but then again, TOTALY agree about the Phonak wax-trap changers. On top of which they’re basically replacing smaller, more flexible/reliable battery-operated aids with rechargeables.

How I’d LOVE to get on their customer user advisory panel. Ironic how a company that specializes in hearing care hasn’t HEARD that folks still like a choice between battery and rechargeable. :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

@1Bluejay: Very well said (and - FWIW - I believe that the same is true of Oticon}.

But you are not their customer. The provider is.

2 Likes

I feel that as a “trench” warrior, I should also have input on the advisory board. Thing is, “providers” can’t speak for our needs … unless of course they have a pair of cinderblock ears like me, and actually NEED to wear hearing aids.

Their value on an advisory board is not based on their own user experience, but rather (ironically) to share the feedback they get from scores of vocal users like US who articulate what they want in hearing aids. Gatekeeper comes to mind.

1 Like

@1Bluejay: I agree with this statement (I think) except that I don’t understand what “cinderblack ears” are. :thinking:

[Are these ears that have been held too close to the kerosene lamp?]

[*Addendum: When I Google it, the only hits I get are for cinder block.]