Connecting Phonak Paradise hearing aids to TVLink II

Can I get some help on how to do this with new aid ? I read it can be done just not sure how and want to test it out before buying a new tv streamer.

thank you

@ponytwogo
Hi,
Are you referring to the Phonak TV Connector, or the older Phonak Compilot II, with TV Link?

This photo is of the latter, and doesn’t work with Marvel, Paradise, Lumity, Infinio.

If you have the TV Connector, it’s very simple. Power it up with the TV on, then put your head (with aids in) right up to it 6inch away, and press the pairing button on the back of the device. You’ll hear 5 ascending chimes in both ears. Done!

The TV Connector can be added to your fitting in Target, so switching options can be altered. Once done, you can have it automatically connect when in range, or manual, or manual plus beep. I have mine as manual plus beep. When my HAs detect it, I hear a 2 tone decending chime. If I single press a button within about 10 seconds ot connects. If after 10 seconds, I have to scroll through my fixed programmes (or use the app).

Peter

1 Like

Yeah it’s just a bluetooth connection, so just put the tv link and HAs in pairing mode, they’ll find each other, easy enough to check by having the tv link plugged into your tv, but there’s a noticeable delay, the better one to get is the tv connecter.

It does work but it’s really horrible with the delay, it’s Bluetooth classic, and as you mentioned it’s the TV connecter he should use with your instructions.

2 Likes

Wow, I couldn’t get my Compilot II, to connect with Marvel, so I sold it.

With my previous Venture HAs, I had both Compilot II and Compilot Air. They both worked very well with Bluetooth, and I had many devices paired to them, including Laptop for Zoom/Teams. For TV, I got full stereo. The only downsides were having something round your neck or clipped to your lapel, and making sure they’re charged up.

1 Like

Yes agree having to have these accessories was a bit of a pain, for me it was absolutely necessary, I really enjoyed the compilot ll, it “just worked” and never let me down, solid connection always and run all day.

Yeah unfortunately the compilot wouldn’t work on Marvel platform onwards, it uses a kind of NFW wireless to transmit to the HAs, it’s only Bluetooth between the phone and compilot.

2 Likes

@PeterH It wasn’t the compilot you connect it to the base, it was awful.

2 Likes

In 2018, with the introduction of Marvel, Phonak fundamentally changed from HiBAN (proprietary radio) to Bluetooth connectivity.
This is why starting with Marvel, in-between devices such as the ComPilot from the picture are not compatible anymore.

The Bluetooth Link between TV Link II and ComPilot was drastically optimized for low latency.
Using the same TV Link II directly to Phonaks modern hearina aids technically works, but the delay is really notieable and it it certainly recommended to switch to “TV Connector D”, which is again a proprietary format (AirStream) for lowest latency and power consumption.

5 Likes

I guess it is not compatible. Thanks
So guess I need a Phonak TV Connector ? I got my new Virto Paradise connected to tv but just can’t control it. can the Phonak TV Connector connect to the the tv by bluetooth ? I think the cable options will mute the tv speaker for other listeners.

You generally connect it via the optical Toslink. As with the TV Link, it works independently with the TV Speakers. The connection between the TV Connector and your HAs isn’t Bluetooth, it’s Phonak’s own “Airstream”. Multiple Phonak wearers can connect to it simultaneously. It isn’t a purchase you’ll regret. I can safely say it’s the best accessory they do.
Peter

1 Like

You also say the Phonak TV Connector will connect to Target software ? That would be a huge plus.

So Virto Paradise connected to tv and is in the paired list so that is weird. Just sounds like crap as it is not fully adjusted yet.

It doesn’t “connect” to Target, you just add it as an accessory in Target, you can then change connection settings in Target. Your HAs will then behave in the new way, with ANY TV Connector. This is the same for PartnerMic and RogerDirect.
Peter

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve made a direct Bluetooth connection to the TV?

1 Like

Correct since I don’t have a TV Connector was trying different options. Since I had my compilot 2 connected that way.

1.So to connect to Target I will need a noahlink wireless ?

2.For tv a tv connector ?

2 Likes

Yes you do sadly. It will still work, but you just won’t be able to change the switching options.
Peter

Check to see that you have an optical audio out port on your tv to give you audio to the tv connector without muting the speakers. Otherwise you get into solutions like adding a sound bar and splitting the audio out to the connector somehow.

WH

1 Like

I just got Phonak Life’s 4 days ago.
I attached the TV Connector to the TV and powered up both.
And there was audio.
But I had to tell the TV to output digital/optical audio.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for their responses and help !

New stuff is on order :slight_smile: and old is on Ebay

1 Like

I have the phonak tv connector and I don’t have the right outlet to connect it to my tv. However, I use it with my sandisk music and radio player and the sound is crystal clear, goes right to my hearing aids and easy to connect. I am beyond happy with it. I imagine that the tv sound would also be good and easy to connect.

1 Like

Well crap ! I don’t think my Virto P312 has wifi. Noahlink wireless won’t connect.
Guess I’ll have to send it back.

Noahlink wireless is BLE not WiFi.

Some models are NW (non wireless) are you able to connect to the Phonak App and/or stream calls/music to your HAs?