Connect Resound Linx Quattro to Laptop Bluetooth Sound

I got a Resound Linx Quattro CIC today. Is it possible to connect it to the laptop via Bluetooth?

I have it connected to the Resound 3D App if that helps.

I believe only through a second device like the tv connector or the Multi Mic.

2 Likes

The Phone Clip+ is the standard Bluetooth streamer for ReSound aids.

2 Likes

Although the Phone Clip+ can be used, if you have either the TV Streamer 2 or the Multi Mic, both of which can be wired directly to your computer, you’ll find far less latency with those than with the Phone Clip+, which is BT from computer to PC+ and then from PC+ to HA’s a proprietary 2.4 GHz ReSound wireless format. With the TV Streamer 2, you don’t have a battery to worry about running down but all are relatively expensive devices ($200 to $250 each, even if ordered through Costco).

1 Like

Thanks. I have a micro mic. Will probs sell that and get the multi.

I did find an app called soundit which transfers the sound on the laptop browser through to the phone which can then be sent to the HA wirelessly. However I think the sound lags behind so it isn’t great.

The TV Streamer 2 was available on eBay a while back. Less than $100.

2 Likes

You’re very right about latency, but the question was about Bluetooth. Many laptops doesn’t even have a headphone jack, which is required for TV Streamer and MultiMic. I myself use a desktop PC and streams sound via a MultiMic connected with a male to male jack adapter ($2/5pcs).

Your comment seems unnecessarily picky. Since ReSound HA’s cannot accept direct BT streaming from a PC, some ReSound accessory is required and the wired connections using line out or headphone jack are superior to the PC+ “double wireless” interface, as we both agree.

Also, the comment about PC’s lacking audio output doesn’t affect the Multi Mic or TV Streamer 2 recommendations. There is virtually NO PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) that doesn’t have a USB-related port, and a single port can be expanded with daisy-chained USB hubs. I have a USB C port on the front of my computer into which I’ve plugged a 4-port USB 3.0 Hub - it runs at 5 Gbps. So with a USB device like the following, you can supply audio wired plugs to any computer for $15 (and thus use either the Multi Mic or the TV Streamer 2 on ~any computer):

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Headphone-Microphone-Desktops/dp/B01N905VOY/r

I have Resound Prezas from Costco and a MultiMic, which is great for streaming from any device with a 3.5mm sound jack. My Android phone has a 3.5mm jack, but physically connecting the MultiMic to the phone can be awkward if I need to use the phone for other purposes while listening to something.

I have found that plugging an inexpensive portable Bluetooth receiver into the MultiMic allows me to stream to the aids in stereo. The one I use is not much larger than the MutliMic itself, with sound controls and a visual display. It costs about $25, but you can buy simpler ones for as little as $10.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Receiver-Cancellation-Assistant/dp/B086KY7MCY/

2 Likes

For Mac PowerBooks and other Macs there is software named Air Foil which will transmit sounds from it to your iPhone which has to run the free “receiver” version of Air Foil. I do not know of a PC version and it does not work on Windows programs which run as a virtual machine on my MackBook Pro. You can read about Air Foil at:Rogue Amoeba | Airfoil: Wireless audio around your house