Connect call with Oticon intent 1

I have the Oticon Intent 1. and I have an iPhone 13 Pro. the configuration with the iphone works. matches well in accessibility settings. But when I call someone, I can hear them well directly on the oticon but people can’t hear me well. Does it have to do with bluetooth LE? Or is there some specific configuration?

The iPhone uses the MFI to connect to hearing aids. I don’t think even the iPhone 14 has BT LE Audio yet. It’s not clear if the iPhone 15 will have it at this point.

When you use the iPhone for phone calls with hearing aids, the mic on the iPhone is still used to pick up your voice with the MFI connection. So if you put your iPhone in your pocket or not near your mouth, the mic from the iPhone will not be able to pick up your voice clearly.

The intent is the first Oticon having bidirectional streaming it is called I think. Other brands have this feature already longer like Phonak and Starkey.
But to use it the phone needs the same streaming capability and for that you can even use an older Android phone but not an Apple.:green_apple:

I expect that your iPhone and Intent aids are using Apple’s MFi protocol to communicate. You can select the microphone input for phone calls using the MFi functions with many MFi aids - On uses aid mics and Off uses the iPhone mic. Triple click the large side button to access the MFi menu and check the setting for Mic Input:

With my iPhone 12 mini and Oticon Real 1 aids, family and co-workers I’ve tested with over the phone think my voice quality is better using the iPhone mic rather that the hearing aid mics if the iPhone is in front of me and not too far away. If I’m at home or in the office I just place the phone on the desk in front of me.

1 Like