Cochlear KANSO 2?

Thanks for sharing. Yes the kanso appears a lot smaller in person compared to the photographs

Did they tell you anything about magnet sizes?

No and I didnā€™t ask. I did see numbers on the bottom of the Kansoā€™s. Figured it was magnet rating.
I was pretty impressed with them. Very light and much smaller than expected.
Cochlear has been very helpful. At this point after comparing Advanced Bionics (AB), Cochlear and Med- El it would be tuff to say one is better than the other. Here is an attachment that is pretty good but not up to date concerning the Kanso 2.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the ā€œfunā€ part.

Oh, and @Raudrive hereā€™s the source for that comparison chart: Comparison Chart | cochlear implant HELP current is Version 10.1e 26-Jan-20

2 Likes

For those of you who have finished all your mappings how many mappings did it take post activation for you to see a noticeable improvement in your hearing where you were comfortable and confident in every day situations communicating with people?

@Lou82 itā€™s not as simple as that. Mappings are a lifetime journey until the day we die, just like hearing aid adjustments are. Albeit mappings are very frequent in the first 3 months. I think I had 5 or 6 in that time Then again at 6/12 and 1 year. From that point they go biannual for me. Or more frequently if needed.

For me I understood speech on activation, but I had to concentrate a lot. After the first 6 weeks PO and 4 mappings speech was very clear for me and didnā€™t require concentration at all. Itā€™s still improving as I move now towards 14 months PO.

2 Likes

cc @Dani Iā€™ll wait for an answer. It has an amazing, very subtle detail .

In my case I saw noticeable improvement on activation day. But you have to keep in mind that my loss is very bad. Iā€™m still improving.

Can you say what kind of improvements you are getting? Like environments.

I thought about you yesterday, brewed an Oktoberfest.

This is Kanso 2 thread. I reply in

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/t/danis-trip-to-his-ci/51633/23?u=dani

When were you activated?