Cochlear KANSO 2?

Looks like it is the same as the Nucleus 7, so it works directly with iPhone, and Android supporting ASHA, the phone clip is for other Bluetooth devices.

Looking at the chart again I see what you are talking about.
So, certain compatible smart phone are direct streaming while those that are not compatible need the phone clip. Sound right?

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty much it. My N7 connects directly to the iPhone 7 that work provides but I have to use the phone clip for my personal Moterola e5 cruise. If I could afford a Pixel 4 it would connect directly.

1 Like

Does anybody know the dimensions of the Kanso 2 in comparison to the orignal?

From reading it is smaller and lighter. They gave a percent, I will go look.

This might be the same attachment Pat did earlier, not sure. This is the one I got in an email from them when requesting information on the Kanso 2 processor.

https://www.cochlear.com/b153897a-94a5-4173-a0db-7e2d382afa03/FUN3993-K2-Consumer-Brochure.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE-b153897a-94a5-4173-a0db-7e2d382afa03-nccg.y.

1 Like

I just received this YouTube attachment from Cochlear by email about the Kanso 2.
Itā€™s advertising but might help some of us looking.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, i was implanted on Thursday. Now itā€™s a wait and see period for me.

1 Like

How are you doing?
I thought elective surgeries were canceled for now.

1 Like

Hi Rick,

When Governer Pritzker moved Illinois to phase 4, that allowed elective surgeries to go forward. Elective surgeries have been going on for about a month now.

Iā€™m doing fine post-op. The surgery went well. Surprisingly, I handled the general anesthesia well wth vomiting or dizziness. I took a week and a half medical leave. No pain after surgery, just some soreness which is still there a bit today. The doctor had me keep the bandage on for three days, came off Sunday). No heaches either. I was put on anti-nausea meds., pain killers, antibiotic, prednisone, and an antianxiety med that is suppoed to help if you get dizzy. The pain killer I took until Saturday, then didnā€™t need it. Iā€™ve only taken it one more time since. Still on antibiotic. Havenā€™t needed the anti-anxiety or nausea meds.

I see the doctor next Monday to remove stitches and 8/18 is activation day. My Cochlear mentor and a contact at Cochlear have been checking with me since my original surgery was postponed.

When are you getting your second evaluation? Let me know how rhings are going on your end.

As for me, now we waitā€¦

1 Like

Sounds like you are doing well. The tuff part is over, making the big decision. I really think itā€™s a no brainer decision if you want to understand speech again.

An appointment opening came up for today at 3. So I will find out something very soon.

3 Likes

@Raudrive Awesome, good luck!!

@debbie_o Glad recovery has gone so well for you! 8/18 is our wedding anniversary, #2 this year (8/18/18).

2 Likes

Great! Good for you! Let us know what happens. I remember going through my eval. What I remember is that I just qualified for the implant. I had 60% speech recognition with a hearing aid, I think that was in noise.

Good luck to you later today!

1 Like

@phobos512 Wow, your wedding anniversary on 8/18! Congrats! Iā€™ll consider that as a sign of luck for my activation.

Still sore, not sure how long that will last. I can handle that, but what is annoying is the ache on the right side of my neck. Took a couple of Tylenol for it. Could take the Norco, but then Iā€™ll be out of it for the rest of the day. Glad I took some time off.

1 Like

I wonder if a 9.2% Belgian Tripel would suffice?:kissing_closed_eyes:
You are 5 days post surgery. 3 weeks from activation. Waiting time.
I hope you continue to feel better.

2 Likes

Yeah I had that same ache @debbie_o I think itā€™s due to having been turned to the side for the duration of the surgery. Got those muscles all stretched out. Iā€™ve got no discomfort of any kind at this point after two and a half weeks.

1 Like

@phobos512 Thank you for telling me that. I thought you were implanted recently, I just couldnā€™t remember how recent it was. The Tylenol has helped so itā€™s not as bad as it felt a couple of hours ago. I suspect the soreness will go away within a couple of weeks. They were kind of shocked in the hospital when the nurse asked me how much pain I was in and I told her no pain. After the anesthesia wore off, it was just soreness.

When you are activated, let me know how your experience was. Youā€™re probably a week to week and a half ahead of me.

1 Like

@Raudrive Donā€™t tempt me, I might just get a drink! That would relax the muscles! :rofl:

1 Like

I will certainly post up when I get home. Thatā€™s this coming Friday for a few hours starting at 1300 Eastern (1pm). And, at least for right now (I donā€™t know if the appointment confirmation I received was an automated thing or not), it looks like Iā€™ll get my new left ear hearing aid on Thursday morning so Iā€™m excited about that too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today I had a Kanso in one hand and the Kanso 2 in the other.
They are very much the same in looks and size. Much smaller than I expected.
I was told they will be available in October.

4 Likes