Callers CAN'T HEAR me when I'm streaming with Phonak Lumity Life BT V12

Thank you for information. I’ll make my audi add an accoustic phone program
If only that could be automatic

Well, you wouldn’t want it to be automatic IF you typically have your aids paired + connected to your cell phone. Acoustic Phone is absolutely necessary BUT only in situations where your aids are NOT paired + connected to a BT device.

Hope that makes sense.

I use my Acoustic Phone several times a year as a complete necessity! But 98% of the time, my aids are paired + connected to my own cell phone. :slight_smile:

I mean if an acoustic program automatically kicks in when I pick up landline phone

Yep, got it. And Nope, that doesn’t happen. You have to first put your aids into that dedicated program (for me, it’s Program 3, so I have to cycle through 2 others first as I don’t have the phone app). So unless you have the phone app and can quickly put your aids into that program, there would be a delay till you’re READY to take that call.

99% of the time, I’m the one initiating the call, so I’d just have my aids in that program already before dialing (if I HAD to use a landline and not my own paired + connected cell phone). But on rare occasions, someone will hand me a phone and then I cycle through my programs to Acoustic Phone and take the call.

Thanks. I’m thinking of making my audi set an acoustic program tomorrow.
I cannot understand a thing from landline phones with autosense currently.
Need to hear from both ears.
Is there any setting I can play in acoustic program in myphonak app?

I defer to those who have MyPhonak app on their phone - cuz I don’t have that app on my Android phone. In my case, not only did I have to get in to see my audi to get that program added, but HE had NO CLUE how to set it up.

Acoustic Phone didn’t appear in the list of programs to add to my Marvel aids (that was 4 yrs ago?) so he had to get on the phone with Phonak Tech Support and they walked him thru the procedure.

Afterwards - I was looking over his shoulder - he SAVED the setting! Yeah, it’s happened where a program is added or frequency tweaked and the audi forgets to SAVE it. I rebooted my aids and voila! Acoustic Phone was (and has been) there forevermore.

Thanks . Let’s see what happens tomorrow

Thanks - what exactly is an Acoustic Phone? So much I’m unfamiliar with.

Acoustic Phone is a “feature” that is available to some models of Phonak hearing aids. I’m lucky that it was on the list for both my older Marvel aids and the newer Lumity Life aids.

With that “feature”, I can have the audi set up a dedicated Acoustic Phone “program” so that I can choose that program when I don’t want the aids to “think” for me.

Acoustic Phone is my #3 program after the Default (start-up). I use it when I have to use ANY cell phone or landline phone that I’m not paired + connected to via Bluetooth. The function of that dedicated program, Acoustic Phone, is to send audio to BOTH ears stereophonically. I’ll hear a conversation better, but NOT as good as streaming a call via BT directly to my aids.

Hope that helps! You’ll see the Phonak aids with Acoustic Phone feature listed here.

Only if you have the DuoPhone feature. The P30 has acoustic phone but does not have the DuoPhone program. @eyesgreendeaf only gets acoustic phone in one ear ad he only has P30.

OK. That explains it. I have to say, that P30 sounds like my old Audeo B-Direct aids that only streamed phone in ONE ear. Definitely sub-optimal for me.

I get that Phonak has a product line with variations, but some things - like beng able to stream calls to BOTH ears stereophonically - seem like they should be standard issue.

Of course I say the same for including GPS/navigation in rental cars, but I haven’t seen that happen yet either.

P30 allows both ears for Bluetooth, it’s just the DuoPhone….

Ah, that is even better than Acoustic Phone. Very glad to know that for the P30 users they can stream via BT like me. :slight_smile: