Buying: Phonak CS44A programming cable for size 10 battery size CIC

I have sourced a left cable so just the right needed now, but if they come as a set I’ll take them.

Thanks

How to Buy Programming cables, Flex Strips, Programming Pills.

Oh, you wanted size 10? Are you sure? What hearing aid?

I am after the same cables too for my CICs phonaks virtob90 titaniums…no luck anywhere for either left or right!

If you find any sellers with additional cs44a size 10 cables then would be much appreciated!

Ps can one side cable be used for either side individually??

Don’t the size 10 ones take flex strips? Should say on the programming software.

From what i read and seen in pictures…i am pretty sure no flex strips seen or mentioned…its one end to hi-pro and other end plugs directly into the battery component of the CIC hearing aid.
I have seen size 13 available but no luck with size 10!

Target / Help / Cable Overview

Programming cables - ITE hearing instruments

1. Remove the battery door before inserting the programming cable.
  2. The blue coded cable will program only a left instrument. The left battery cover must be mounted on a left instrument.
  3. The red coded cable will program only a right instrument. The right battery cover must be mounted on a right instrument.

Cable 10A 058-1070/71
Cable 312 058-0029/30
Cable 13 058-0042/43

Tip: Careful not to reverse the battery door when you reattach door to hearing aids.

Here’s a picture of size 312;

1 Like

What HA’s are you trying to program? What will you offer for the cable?

There’s also a 058-1046/47 per this copy and paste

02. 2018
Programming cables - ITE hearing instruments

Remove the battery door before inserting the programming cable.

The blue coded cable will program only a left instrument. The left battery cover must be mounted on a left instrument.

The red coded cable will program only a right instrument. The right battery cover must be mounted on a right instrument.

Cable 10A 058-1070/71
Cable 10A 058-1046/47
Cable 312 058-0029/30
Cable 13 058-0042/43

Ambra nano Cassia nano Solana nano Virto 10 Virto nano Vitus+ 10

Ambra 10 Cassia 10 Dalia 10 Solana 10 Tao 10

Ambra 312 Cassia 312 CROS 312 CROS II 312 CROS B 312 Dalia 312 Solana 312 Tao 312 Virto 312 Vitus+ 312

Ambra 13 Cassia 13 CROS 13 CROS II 13 CROS B 13 Dalia 13 Solana 13 Tao 13 Virto 13 Vitus+ 13

Programming cables - BTE hearing instruments

Connect the cable to the instrument by pushing straight in.

Naída Nios Sky Solana Vitus / Vitus+

CS44 (Phonak version) 058-0255

Ambra Audéo Baseo Bolero Cassia

CROS CROS II CROS H2O CROS B Dalia

With the ones I have seen for sale occasionally on EBay you can’t rely on model numbers. Instead, rely on Phonak named cable, the correct looking style, and the matching battery size.

Hey @yarrowgordon; Do you have size 10? How much do you want for a pair (red and blue)? Are they Phonaks? Can you upload a Picture?

1 Like

I can get this by Monday, probably (also, the left one). Not sure what a fair price would be.

Wow, lots of info, thanks! I’m trying to programme some phonak 836/7/8 CIC - not sure what the last number is, I just got them so whichever is the latest model I guess (they are debranded and sold by specsavers here in the UK, but are definitely phonak 83x) - my old ones I think are 835 and I got those 6/7 years ago.

Like the pic that pvc posted the cables are exactly like that, but I just need the version that will fit the size 10 battery door.

I’m willing to buy a right one if someone has a spare or can get hold of one… not sure what a fair price is… it would need shipping to the UK though, although not super urgent. You can either post a price on here or inbox me I guess. I did get the left one off ebay shipped from the US for $30, so something in that region would be ideal.

Will be my first time attempting to programme some HA’s, but going back and forth to get them adjusted is extremely time consuming. Looking forward to learning all about it by reading this site!

What do you mean going back and forth? You can’t switch sides!

I meant going back to specsavers where I bought them from to get the levels adjusted etc. Normally takes 2-3 weeks for an appointment, it will be much easier if I can tweak them myself when I want! :slight_smile:

Oh, okay. Hmmmmm; I wonder if Specsavers would be agreeable about providing/selling you a cable? Did you ask?

Not yet, it’s an option though, probably a last resort as I guess they won’t be keen on me tweaking any settings, I’ll take a backup first thing before I change anything though, just in case. But would rather keep them out of the loop in that regard, just in case of any warranty issues down the line (they are covered for 4 years with them).

Maybe call a different specsaver (not your location) and see how they feel about it. Pretend you are a new customer. Here in the USA we have online sellers who are just as happy to be rid of your incessant adjustments as you are to get rid of them. It’s a Win-Win.

1 Like

These seem to be a prohibited item in the UK, I’m not entirely sure why, but no one will sell me them. I also asked an online retailer and the first thing they asked was if I was from the UK, and then said no beacuse of that. I asked why and they said it was due to rules / regulations.

I also called Phonak UK, but they were unable to help unless I was a fitter / retailer.

I guess Phonak have some sort of deal here in the UK where they can only be obtained by professional HA fitters unfortunately

So, if anyone does have a right sided one for sale, please get in touch.

Thanks

It’s not a prohibited item, just something that rarely gets traded, as they weren’t originally freely available. Plus these days most fittings use the IIC style battery drawer which has a narrower section at the pin end.

Daft question,but can you actually access your aid from Target? It was my (albeit historical) understanding that the Specsavers product was locked from the standard users.

Not tried yet, but just received the hipro interface which is exactly what they use in store when i go in. The Phonak software appears to be freely available so will give it a go with the one cable I have and see, fingers crossed will ok

Only the old iPFG Phonak software is available. The Phonak Target software is not.