Bone conducting headphones

He may be blocking his ears with earplugs to avoid damage from loud noises in his work in construction or demolition, for example, while wearing the bone conduction headphones to listen to music at normal volume via bluetooth.

1 Like

Iā€™m recommending this to my son for that exact reason. He works for a cleaning company. His vaccum is powered by a 24 hp diesel engine. It makes a little noise. All of his machines seem to make a log of noise! But he likes listening to audio books. He has been wearing big over ear sound deadening blue tooth head sets.

WH

Shokz OpenComm headset: does the portion that sits behind the ear physically interfere with RIC hearing aids? Iā€™m thinking specifically of the Widex Moment sRIC R D.

I believe the bone conduction has the same impact on hearing loss as regular air headphones. I have made review of the headphones and listed a study highlighting that fact. It is listed in the description of the video: How To: Shokz Bone Conduction Headphones - YouTube

1 Like

I just bought the Shokz Open Run Pro. Seems good and I can hear traffic while I run.