Bluetooth Problems with Oticon OPN S and iPhone XS Max

Well, I guess this error message is a bit of progress.

This is the Oticon app.

I would not be so sure it’s not the phone. Apple does not use the same hardware in all of their phones. It could be that the bluetooth chipset used in your model of iPhone is different from the chipset used in other models of iPhone. If you know of someone else with a different model of iPhone, try pairing your HAs with it and see what happens.

1 Like

The problem also re-occurs on my iPad.

It didn’t re-occur in the short time we paired it to my audiologists iPhone 8, but he’s running system 12.3.2, which is a specific update for the iPhone 8 that won’t load on other iPhones.

Got the new hearing aids today. Looks like that fixes the BT problems I was having!

1 Like

Wow, it took 2 replacements to solve the issue, if I remember correctly?

New OPN S firmware V7.0 now - not sure what’s been changed, but last night Oticon pushed out the automatic distro of a New Genie2 upgrade which your Audiologist has to run and then upgrade existing OPN S aids.

I’m guessing that ones coming straight from the factory where you live are already running it. I know a pair of OPN S CIC I fitted this week were V7.0

1 Like

I’m it trying to hijack the thread, but I’ve noticed the exact same issues with my iPhone XR on Phonak, resound, and Signia hearing aids, and my phone tests fine too, even the replacement phone, and the same problem you describe still exists, except I have the muffled sound. I don’t get it.