Bernafon Verite vs. Oticon Agil

But I suppose if you were going from nothing to Syncro, they would seem pretty darn good.

One of the little things that crack me up on here sometimes are the sweeping statements that X product was inferior… which is all fine and dandy coming from one or more viewpoint, but it totally disregards those few for whom X product was a Godsend. It makes me want to do a kneejerk response of defending X product even though I may not have really liked it myself. Kind of like saying nobody trashtalks my brother except me. LOL

I’ll be interested in your impressions if you do decide to try the Bernafons out, StrayKatt. I am very happy with the Agils so far, although our audiograms are a little different.

I saw my audi yesterday and decided to buy the Agils. She gave me what I think was a great deal, the Agils for the same price as the Epoqs and no extra charge for the Streamer or accessories or anything else. I’m planning to give my old Syncros to my dad. He is retired and on a very limited income. He has tried several cheap hearing aid models but hasn’t been able to find anything that works well for him. I’m hoping that the Syncros will be a step up for him as well.

WHile i never really like sincro, they are a solid instruments

That’s a completely valid point. It’s just that in an industry of similarities, even subjective opinion is worth a listen.

I paid $2,850 for a pair of the new Bernafon Verite 9’s from Costco recently. This price included the complete Bluetooth (Soundgate) package.

How much more expensive are the Oticon Agil’s, and is the extra expense worth considering?

Cheers,
Joe

I’m a newby on this forum and looking for direction. Currently wearing Bernafon ICOS from Costco. They are not providing sufficient gain @500 or at 4k & 6k. Saw audi yesterday and suggested Oticon Agil mid rite with power dome. How will the Bernafon Veras with similar equipment compare? Price dif is about 60% less. Oticon - Bernafon?

Oticon has superior technology, Agil is a top of the line instrument. I would expect
it will cost more than the current icos. But the sound is far superior…

xbulder - the ICOS are outmoded. Question really is: I can get into the Bernafon Veras mid-RITE w/power dome for around $2800…or the Oticon Agil (same equip) for $6000…Does the performance of the Oticon justify the $3200 difference?

xbulder… considering my profile, please explain the advantage/improvement that I would experience with the Agil over the Bernafon Verite 9 / Bernafon Veras?

Thank You,

xbulder,

I know you are well versed on the Oticon line of HA’s…

I have no problem paying over $6000 for a pair of hearing aids, but I would like to know what I can expect for my money.

I’m curious why you haven’t responded… is this not a fair question :confused:

Thanks,
Joe

sorry for the late reply. to be honestly, I do not fit bernafon. I will probably do some
in the future. I had hear the bernafon presentation on channel free, and for some reason
it reminds me of agil story. Kinda same principle, different way to acheive it. Keep things natural,etc. Channel free is really something which has been done before, it seems bernafon does not really have the resources to come up with the next step on channel free.

I have fit many many agil pro. It is the best instrument on Oticon portafolio, in my opinion
they are better than bernafon.

Would it be possibly for you to provide details, in layman’s terms, why the Oticon Agil is better then the Bernafon Verite? How would the user’s hearing experience be improved? In what area of hearing would the Ahh-Haa moment be experienced?

Isn’t Bernafon also made by Oticon?

Happy Trails, :slight_smile:
Joe

Uhhh… xbulder :confused:

here you go… read it

Xbuilder, it reads nearly verbatim the Verite manual.

As a non-professional and cautious about how I spend my hard earned cash I would opt, and did, for the Verite.

Best choice I have made in years on anything.

I had problems with Verite feedback even when I wore the power domes. Would the Agils be any better in that regard?

I currently use just one HA in my left ear. It is a Verite and I guess I’ve had great luck with it (being my first HA and having owned it for about 9 months). Recently, I just had the volume increased slightly (+2bd I think) and am finding that I now get feedback at times such as chewing food or right after a sudden higher pitched sound and will be going back to see what I can do about the recent feedback issue that has surfaced. I have the double/power dome. I really like the volume increase but I have found only one program really works now without frequent feedback. For me, the sound quality of the Verite is very natural and even though I have decent hearing in my right ear have considered getting a second one for it. This was the first HA recommended to me by the dispensor so I tried it out and it worked. He mentioned that it would fit my hearing loss the best of the brands/models he had available as long as I could stand the occlusion of the domes.

It looks to me that a custom mold is what you need for that left ear.

Robert,

Have you experienced any feedback issues with your Verites?