Battery life of the new Phonak audéo lumity -312

Boy, I can see how that would make you cranky! Thanks for the supportive thoughts. All that said, I do find that the Lumity’s will give me excellent results, once the final adjustments are done and the battery versions are in place.

1 Like

I get about 8 days out of my Phonak Audeo V90s with 312 batteries. That is of course with no streaming. How long you will get with the Lumity version will depend on your level of hearing loss, your usage per day, your amount of streaming time and how noisy your listening environment is. I doubt that anyone has yet had the Lumity with 312 batteries for long enough to judge this yet but will watch this space with interest.

1 Like

Not to disagree, but how would one charge his/her HA using USB if that said USB ultimately needs to be connected to the main at some point!!!
Also, US power socket is different from the UK one, and all both are different from mainland Europe and I guess the rest of the world, something to bear in mind, when traveling abroad.

I get around 9 days with 312, no bluetooth and no streaming.

1 Like

You say “no bluetooth”. You don’t use the Phonak app? I am considering going to Audeo Lumity 312s and am concerned about battery life as I use the Phonak app with my Paradise 13Ts (which uses BT) quite a bit and am concerned about battery life.

@cleask I don’t need the app or bluetooth, since I just put the HA on and that’s it, I don’t fiddle with the rest.
If you are happy with the Paradise 13T (T stands for T-Coil, I suppose), and you are getting between 3 to 8 days, why not get the Lumity 13.
Also, is there a reason for the upgrade?
Can you not wait for the next generation?

see link below:

I see. Yes “T” means T-coil. I use the app quite a bit and wear my HAs up to 16 hours a day and do stream a bit.
I get a battery life of about 4 to 6 days. My Paradise aids are 2 years old this month; I had Marvels for almost three years before. I usually get new aids every 2 to 3 years. Main reason to consider an upgrade is improved speech comprehension especially in noise.
Anyone privy to when Phonak may release the next generation? My audi isn’t much help and thinks I should wait.
BTY, I hate the idea of going rechargeable and carry spare batteries with me at all times.

Thanks for the battery info.

1 Like

Worth reading, if you can’t trial the Lumity:

Is this 9 days using a just-launched Lumity battery version? If so, which model? Thank you for this information on a very new product.

@lace_n No, it’s an old Phonak model, Phonak Nathos Nova M 312, I suppose it is before Paradise platform.
9 days on a moderate use, no Bluetooth or TV streaming.

No, he uses older HAs.

WH

1 Like

This is just an opinion. Your needs may differ. Today I exchanged my Lumity rechargeable 70’s for the new 312 battery version. They were my first rechargeables. In my experience, with rechargeables, I cannot go to the fishing camp, the emergency room, cope with our frequent power outages or stay up all night laughing and drinking champagne without going deaf for 3 hours.
With the battery version, bing bang, zip zap, you pop in new 312’s and you are good to go. I will let you know how long these 312’s last as I test them out.

4 Likes

That’s why I chose the Paradise P70 13T, a bit less tech, but bats that last 7-8 days with lot’s of streaming, the new one were not available last year anyway.

I’ve had my Paradise P90 13Ts for 2 years. My batteries usually last 5-6 days but I change them after 4-5 days. I had Marvel M90 13Ts for three years before the P90s. I will probably move to Lumity L90 312s at the end of this year unless Phonak announces the release date of next family by then.

Seems like battery life is all over the map…but that’s to be expected I think.
Depends greatly on your hearing loss program, how often you stream, how many hours, etc…

Not much lumity experience yet, but I’ll be happy to see the reports.

I have been very happy that I asked for the size 13 Marvels when my Audi was going to put me in the 312. If my memory is correct, I believe that I had determined in research that the 13 batteries had about twice the power capacity of the 312…
I’m assuming the battery life will likely be comparable to what I get with my Marvels
based on roughly 17 hours a day, with some streaming and phone use every day, but I’m not on the phone all day…and you can pull up my adiogram for reference… I get about 8 days life, depending mostly I think on the battery…it seems that some are better than others. My habit is to just change them out every Saturday AM…and that is almost always before any low battery warning
so
I would guess that I would get 3-1/2 to 4 days with a 312.
I am extremely happy that they released these battery models but I’m also very disappointed that there’s no size 13 for the RIC units.
3-1/2 or 4 days is seriously better than 1 day with rechargeable, so given no other choice I’ll probably end up taking it with a smile…but why a 312? I don’t get it… the 13 aids are only a hair thicker (0.7mm for the Marvel) and I can see zero advantage in a 312 over a 13…ok, maybe just maybe the size difference might be noticeable for a little kid sized head, but less than 1mm…why?

1 Like

I have several power banks to charge all my USB devices in the event of a power outage. Always travel with them.

2 Likes

I have the Lumity 90, and use BT all day, phone, tablet, laptop, plus tv transmitter. I get around 18 hours a day. I would rather have more, just be safe, its fine for now. If they charge for 30 minutes it gives me a few more hours.

Thanks for your experiences. I recently decided on the lumity 90 in the 312 version and I am very satisfied with it. It’s even smaller than the battery version and fits better with my glasses. For the test, I wore the lumity almost continuously, including overnight. The batteries lasted > 72 hours in this test. I only streamed moderately, 1-2 hours per day, and I have “only” mild to moderate hearing loss in the high frequencies left>right. If I turn the lumity off at night they last > 5 days.
Maybe the information will help someone.

Thanks for the update. Curious to hear how long the 312 batteries last with heavy streaming. I’m guessing 48 - 60 hours. Basically means you have to change the disposable batteries every 2-3 days.

Anyone else using the new 312 version of Lumity?

Jordan

Yeah there’s something going on with these Sonova models, I get 5 days with streaming (I wouldn’t call it heavy tho a few hours a day at most) on both 312 battery from ReSound and Signia.

cleask, I coulda written your post right here to the last dot and dash! I also used to get about 4-6 days with my Phonak Marvel size 13 batteries. But that was before the day of myPhonak app! I upgraded to the Phonak Lumity Life R90s, but still don’t have myPhonak app loaded yet.

I’m very interested in the 312-Lumities cuz I travel internationally now and then and absolutely NEED a solid 30 hrs of hearing aid power. I can’t get that with my rechargeable, and that forced me to buy a redundant 2nd pair of them. A total cludge.

As for speech comprehension in noise … I have found that my dedicated “Speech in Loud Noise” program on the Lumity Life aids is simply NOT good enough. Nor is using the Phonak Roger ON iN mic that’s paired + connected to my aids. The dedicated program simply turns the volume down on EVERYTHING: ambient sound AND speech at the table where I’m sitting. It’s a turkey. And Roger ON iN has horrid, public-address type sound quality that makes loud places sound harsh like shattered glass.

Someone posted that the Roger ON also has a phone app, and that thru that I could tinker with the volume or settings. I don’t know how that would work if I also had myPhonak app to control the aids. On top of which the apps work with a SINGLE pair of aids, and I need and use BOTH of my redundant pairs.

I’ve read good things on the board here about Oticon Intent for enhancing speech comprehension in LOUD places. It has some kind of wizardry that beams the speech at you if you turn your head to face the person talking. I have a date set up and plan to trial these in the near future.

I’m sitting on the fence. Without robbing a bank, what matters more? The longevity of a 312-battery Phonak? Or the improved speech comprehension in noisy places (our Holy Grail!) that may only be offered by Oticon rechargeable?

1 Like