AudioTelligence is set to help solve the ‘cocktail party problem’

Hi, Our Beta version comes with wired earbuds. So hearing aid users would have take them out whilst using the device. We are working on pairing to hearing aids but this not be ready for our Beta version. Thanks

1 Like

At the very top of your computer screen (above the Scholarly Articles subtitle) there’s an eight letter word that starts with “G”.

Oh, my bad. It was here instead;

Maybe I should offer an explanation instead of sarcasm;

What 'cocktail party problem’? When I was young and had normal hearing there was no such thing as a cocktail party problem. Young human brains know how to cope with noisy environments. Heck, you can even add-in loud music, in addition to everyone talking at the same time.

No problem. Being experts at speaking volume and speaking distance, youngsters just moved a little closer to communicate.

It’s the HOH community that has a cocktail party problem. Just us! And guess what. We can’t wear the ear buds because we are already wearing hearing aids and you can’t do both.

All the manufacturers offer speech-in-noise solutions. You already know how well they work. Unless this solution is provided as SOC as opposed to a software solution, the manufacturers will never touch it. They have their own software solutions.

I will be skipping any forthcoming “exclusive discount” offers. Not that I would get one after this post :wink:

1 Like

Where in the U.K.? Under which hearing aid manufacturer?

We are startup based in Cambridge. We are launching a beta version of our tech under our own brand AudioTelligence. Simultaneously we are trying to license our tech to hearing aid companies but these discussions are in the very early stages.

AUGH!!! Ready. Willing. Able. Wanting to be a trial candidate. Hey, I’ll pay my own postage for the device and stay in touch via email, phone, Zoom, whatever! I’m on the east coast of USA so … my breakfast hour is your suppertime! :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you going to build it into your own BTE/RIC platform?

Might be worth talking to the guys at Puretone to get you jump-started into the build process and working on Noah compatible software. Any of the other major manufacturers is likely to just absorb your ideas into their existing tech.

I’m assuming you’ve gone down this path in response to the Mead Killion paper (hence ‘Cocktail Party’) that was the basis for the K-Amp and subsequent D-Mic launches. Most of the manufacturers are way ahead of you in terms of both frequency and polar segregation of noise signals over speech using the effective stereo mic array set-ups combined with individual directional function.