AudioTelligence is set to help solve the ‘cocktail party problem’

I might be 10,000 miles away but at least I’m still in the Commonwealth (pick me! pick me!). Seriously, if it comes to fruition it will improve a lot of lives. All the best with your venture.

Whisper doesn’t require a cell phone. It does require the Whisper Brain to get full benefit.

But an AudioTelligence-based hearing solution is going to be more than a pair of aids also. I don’t know that for a fact, but I’m really sure.

1 Like

I am just finishing up a Whisper trial. I think the Whispers MIGHT be MARGINALLY better than my Oticon Mores, but they are nothing remotely as good as the sound clip comparison from the AudioTelligence website that I linked to earlier in this thread. Whisper might get there eventually with their software upgrades. We’ll see.
If AudioTelligence can really get this performance into an actual HA, Whisper would seem to be an ideal corporate partner. However, color me skeptical (or sceptical for @r.radia in the UK).

1 Like

@lello58, maybe you’re right and AudioTelligence’s technology relies on an external mic like the Roger. @r.radia , was that comparison clip on the web site produced with an external mic? Or could you produce that level of speech-in-noise performance solely with mics integrated into HA earpieces like conventional HAs have?

Colour me skeptical.

I doubt that it can be implemented in the HA.
I assume you need a lot more computing power than what is available with today’s technology for the small space available. Not to think of the power consumption. This forum is full of discussions with claims about short battery life. I also think there are spaced microphones needed, which is a problem in the HA.
In my opinion, it seems to be another approach to be used like a Roger Table Mic from Phonak.
Maybe better, maybe not.
Anyway, I’d love to compare and see the difference :slightly_smiling_face:
EDIT: @r.radia: Is it possible, with the actual solution, to stream directly via BT to the HA?

Would I also LOVE to know! Color me some shade of skeptical (USA sp?) till we all find out.

1 Like

@sterei thanks for your message. At the moment we can not implement our software into a hearing aid for the very reasons you mentioned. Our technology will be an alternative to the Roger Table Mic from Phonak or perhaps if we partner with Phonak and enhancement to their device. The key difference between the Roger Mic and our prototype is that our device uses Blind Source Separation whereas a Roger Mic or similar devices use beamforming. There are limitations of beamforming technology which our technology can overcome. The main one being the fact that beamforming amplifies all sound in the direction of the selected microphone whilst our solution actual separates and isolates sound sources from each other.
Regarding the comparison we have done some testing and we will be releasing the results, including audio files in the coming weeks.

Finally we can streaming directly via BT to the HA, however this will depend on what the manufacture we partner with would like to do. As mentioned previously we are not launching the device ourselves we are looking to licensing the tech. The prototype in the video was developed to prove the technology works in the real world.

We can streaming directly via BT to the HA, however this will depend on what the manufacture we partner with would like to do. As mentioned previously we are not launching the device ourselves we are looking to licensing the tech. The prototype in the video was developed to prove the technology works in the real world.

We understand your skeptism. We would love for you to join one of upcoming user trials to get your feedback.

@ziploc we have developed our technology for external mics like the Roger. The majority of external mics use beamforming, which are limited in solving the cocktail party problem as they amplifying all sound in a particular direction. Our technology takes a different approach to solve the cocktail party problem, it combines our proprietary blind source separation and low latency noise suppression. By separating the speech the user can focus on the sound sources they want to hear and everything else is discarded.

Re the comparison clip, this was the audio output from our prototype external microphone showing the tech working in the real world. No post processing of the video :slight_smile:

@d_Wooluf please submit a query through our website. We will be running trials in the coming weeks and months. We are keen to get as many people testing this solution as possible,

Yes, I totally GET IT! You have the miracle technology and need the big bucks manufacturer partner to bring this to market.

I am keeping EVERY limb crossed you find someone out there. Starkey seems to be making some headway … there’s the Whisper … we really need another solution in the ring so customers have a choice - be it the price, the accessories, the availability, or (for me): that HOLY GRAIL of hearing speech in noisy places!

HALLELUJIA, Praise the LAWD and AMEN if you make that happen. :innocent:

1 Like

I’d love to do a trial. I’m Canadian though. We do share a queen; any chance you’re shipping trials over here?

Phonak has the biggest market share on these sorts of products for hearing aids, they might make a good partner.

1 Like

Hi All,

It’s been a while since I last posted but I wanted to give you an update on what we’ve been doing at AudioTelligence since we launched our aiso™ for Hearing technology.

Over the past few months we’ve been in discussion with the hearing aid manufacturers, to understand their interest in integrating our tech into their products. I can’t say too much about this at the moment but the conversations so far have been very positive. I hope to share more details later this year.

In parallel to this we’ve developed a prototype device to continue the validation process of our technology in the real world. Orsana™ is a compact portable tabletop device that makes conversation easy. With Orsana™ taking care of the noise, you can chat effortlessly with your friends and family, even in the noisiest of places.

Because you were some of the first people who expressed an interest in our tech, we would like to invite you to be part of Orsana™’s Beta Test. As part of our Beta Test we’re offering 30 people an exclusive discount on the product. You’ll get one of the first units off the line at a one-off low price. And because your opinion is important to us, we’ll also be offering up to £100 in Amazon vouchers for your feedback. Please note the Beta Test is only available to UK residents.

For more information please take a look at the link below.

https://bit.ly/3y1xsvZ

Thanks

Rick

1 Like

I also received your email directly, but I’m wondering this: You product connects to earbuds. What about for those of us wearing hearing aids full time?

WH

1 Like

I’m really interested.

I’m Canadian. I’ve had 3 sets of Phonaks, and I’m currently trying to get my Paradise P90’s dialed in. My issue is understanding speech in difficult environments.

DaveL
Toronto

We will get similar effect as AudioTelligence technology by using iphone. After connecting the hearing aid to the iphone with iOS15, we can turn on the background sound function of the iphone and adjust the volume of the background sound, we will hear the noise of the environment will be reduced dramatically and the volume of the nearby speech will be slightly lower, but the speech will be clearer.

2 Likes

I tested it on a bus and the 80+ dB noise almost disappeared, but no one was talking to me at the time, so I don’t know how it was to hear speech.

1 Like

Thanks Dave. It sounds like this product could really benefit you but I am afraid we are only selling the Beta version in the UK at the moment. If we do expand to Canada we will certainly let you know. Sorry we can’t be of more help atm.