AudioTelligence is set to help solve the ‘cocktail party problem’

We can streaming directly via BT to the HA, however this will depend on what the manufacture we partner with would like to do. As mentioned previously we are not launching the device ourselves we are looking to licensing the tech. The prototype in the video was developed to prove the technology works in the real world.

We understand your skeptism. We would love for you to join one of upcoming user trials to get your feedback.

@ziploc we have developed our technology for external mics like the Roger. The majority of external mics use beamforming, which are limited in solving the cocktail party problem as they amplifying all sound in a particular direction. Our technology takes a different approach to solve the cocktail party problem, it combines our proprietary blind source separation and low latency noise suppression. By separating the speech the user can focus on the sound sources they want to hear and everything else is discarded.

Re the comparison clip, this was the audio output from our prototype external microphone showing the tech working in the real world. No post processing of the video :slight_smile:

@d_Wooluf please submit a query through our website. We will be running trials in the coming weeks and months. We are keen to get as many people testing this solution as possible,

Yes, I totally GET IT! You have the miracle technology and need the big bucks manufacturer partner to bring this to market.

I am keeping EVERY limb crossed you find someone out there. Starkey seems to be making some headway … there’s the Whisper … we really need another solution in the ring so customers have a choice - be it the price, the accessories, the availability, or (for me): that HOLY GRAIL of hearing speech in noisy places!

HALLELUJIA, Praise the LAWD and AMEN if you make that happen. :innocent:

1 Like

I’d love to do a trial. I’m Canadian though. We do share a queen; any chance you’re shipping trials over here?

Phonak has the biggest market share on these sorts of products for hearing aids, they might make a good partner.

1 Like

Hi All,

It’s been a while since I last posted but I wanted to give you an update on what we’ve been doing at AudioTelligence since we launched our aiso™ for Hearing technology.

Over the past few months we’ve been in discussion with the hearing aid manufacturers, to understand their interest in integrating our tech into their products. I can’t say too much about this at the moment but the conversations so far have been very positive. I hope to share more details later this year.

In parallel to this we’ve developed a prototype device to continue the validation process of our technology in the real world. Orsana™ is a compact portable tabletop device that makes conversation easy. With Orsana™ taking care of the noise, you can chat effortlessly with your friends and family, even in the noisiest of places.

Because you were some of the first people who expressed an interest in our tech, we would like to invite you to be part of Orsana™’s Beta Test. As part of our Beta Test we’re offering 30 people an exclusive discount on the product. You’ll get one of the first units off the line at a one-off low price. And because your opinion is important to us, we’ll also be offering up to £100 in Amazon vouchers for your feedback. Please note the Beta Test is only available to UK residents.

For more information please take a look at the link below.

https://bit.ly/3y1xsvZ

Thanks

Rick

1 Like

I also received your email directly, but I’m wondering this: You product connects to earbuds. What about for those of us wearing hearing aids full time?

WH

1 Like

I’m really interested.

I’m Canadian. I’ve had 3 sets of Phonaks, and I’m currently trying to get my Paradise P90’s dialed in. My issue is understanding speech in difficult environments.

DaveL
Toronto

We will get similar effect as AudioTelligence technology by using iphone. After connecting the hearing aid to the iphone with iOS15, we can turn on the background sound function of the iphone and adjust the volume of the background sound, we will hear the noise of the environment will be reduced dramatically and the volume of the nearby speech will be slightly lower, but the speech will be clearer.

2 Likes

I tested it on a bus and the 80+ dB noise almost disappeared, but no one was talking to me at the time, so I don’t know how it was to hear speech.

1 Like

Thanks Dave. It sounds like this product could really benefit you but I am afraid we are only selling the Beta version in the UK at the moment. If we do expand to Canada we will certainly let you know. Sorry we can’t be of more help atm.

Hi, Our Beta version comes with wired earbuds. So hearing aid users would have take them out whilst using the device. We are working on pairing to hearing aids but this not be ready for our Beta version. Thanks

1 Like

At the very top of your computer screen (above the Scholarly Articles subtitle) there’s an eight letter word that starts with “G”.

Oh, my bad. It was here instead;

Maybe I should offer an explanation instead of sarcasm;

What 'cocktail party problem’? When I was young and had normal hearing there was no such thing as a cocktail party problem. Young human brains know how to cope with noisy environments. Heck, you can even add-in loud music, in addition to everyone talking at the same time.

No problem. Being experts at speaking volume and speaking distance, youngsters just moved a little closer to communicate.

It’s the HOH community that has a cocktail party problem. Just us! And guess what. We can’t wear the ear buds because we are already wearing hearing aids and you can’t do both.

All the manufacturers offer speech-in-noise solutions. You already know how well they work. Unless this solution is provided as SOC as opposed to a software solution, the manufacturers will never touch it. They have their own software solutions.

I will be skipping any forthcoming “exclusive discount” offers. Not that I would get one after this post :wink:

1 Like

Where in the U.K.? Under which hearing aid manufacturer?

We are startup based in Cambridge. We are launching a beta version of our tech under our own brand AudioTelligence. Simultaneously we are trying to license our tech to hearing aid companies but these discussions are in the very early stages.

AUGH!!! Ready. Willing. Able. Wanting to be a trial candidate. Hey, I’ll pay my own postage for the device and stay in touch via email, phone, Zoom, whatever! I’m on the east coast of USA so … my breakfast hour is your suppertime! :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you going to build it into your own BTE/RIC platform?

Might be worth talking to the guys at Puretone to get you jump-started into the build process and working on Noah compatible software. Any of the other major manufacturers is likely to just absorb your ideas into their existing tech.

I’m assuming you’ve gone down this path in response to the Mead Killion paper (hence ‘Cocktail Party’) that was the basis for the K-Amp and subsequent D-Mic launches. Most of the manufacturers are way ahead of you in terms of both frequency and polar segregation of noise signals over speech using the effective stereo mic array set-ups combined with individual directional function.