At-home earmold change?

I want to change the earmold on my bte Resound hearing aid at home. I don’t have addtional tubing, so I looked for videos that showed how to ust remove the earmold without tubing. I didn’t see any. I wonder if anyone has done so. I want to change left earmold to right, so I can use it with a cochlear implant. It’s got to do with linking up with other accessories of mine. But, bottom line, if someone has changed just custom earmold on a HA, I hope they can tell me how it’s done. Thanks.

Hi @kmliptak,

Some replacement tubing should be cheap from just about any audiologist.

If you are game and want to take the risk of removing the tubing from one HA intact, do so with care using a needle to pry the tube away from the inside surface of your earmold. With bits of glue remaining on the original tubing, it may cause problems reusing that same tubing with your other earmold.
Also depends on how far down they have been glued as well. I’ve attached a PDF I did a while ago to explain using new tubing.

Replacing earmould tubing (glue).pdf (613.6 KB)

2 Likes

I would suggest that you need new tubing, as the tubing is an extremely tight fit in the mould (and I have never seen glue used)

Even with the new tubing tapered significantly to help putting it in, you are likely to find it a tight fit - in other words you need pliers to pull it in