Are Hearing Aids Made in China?

… or can I expect some tariffs which will increase HA prices.

George

0 Likes

Looks like these “tariffs” are a money grab disguised as a economic/political struggle. Again,
the people lose. If any HA electronics are made there they are going to passed on to the brand.

0 Likes

There are hearing aids made in China, but none of the major manufacturers have anything to do with them as far as I know.The Majority of components for HA’s come from three or four different companies, none of which are in China.

1 Like

mostly denmark and germeny except starkey which is USA based so no problem

0 Likes

I don’t know where they’re actually made, but the company’s country needn’t have anything to do with where they’re made. Apple is a US company and the phones are made in China.

2 Likes

The box that my Kirkland Signature 8.0 HA’s came in says they were made in Singapore. I suspect Signia and Rexton are made there too.

1 Like

Several of the major manufacturers have their major production in Suzhou, China and other locations in the Far East.

Few manufacturers make anything in the expensive parts of the World with proper unionised labour laws. Though several operate ITE facilities in or nearer their main sales countries. It’s likely that if you wear a RIC aid it was made in the Far East.

There are three Manufacturers with HQ in Denmark, one Germany, one Switzerland and one in the USA - these typically aren’t primary manufacturing locations, but will house the R+D and other business functions.

5 Likes

My first set of Hansaton aids had china stamped on the box

0 Likes

My first pair of Siemens (12-12-2013) has Made in Singapore stamped on the box.

0 Likes

Many used to be made in Taiwan but I am not sure if the tariffs also effect Taiwan.

0 Likes

Definitely won’t affect Taiwan (aka Formosa for us old timers) until China takesit over like they did Hong Kong.

0 Likes

Yes, they are made in China and everything you hear is reported back to China’s Ministry of State Security! :wink:

0 Likes