Anyone using the new Signia Pure Charge&Go AX

I am curious to hear from real users. Their new “Augmented Focus” technology seems intriguing to me, but I haven’t heard from anyone using the hearing aids yet.

Signia’s unique beamforming technology forms the core of Augmented Focus. The sound input to the hearing aid is split into two signal streams. One stream contains sounds coming from the front of the wearer, while the other stream contains sounds arriving from the back. Both streams are then processed independently. This means that for each stream, a dedicated processor is used to analyze the characteristics of sound from every direction.

Source: Backgrounder Augmented Focus™ | Signia Pro

1 Like

Check out LawyerFL’s review here: Ready to upgrade from Oticon Opn 1. Should I select Oticon More or Phonak Paradise?

The discussion continues in that forum thread with another review here: Ready to upgrade from Oticon Opn 1. Should I select Oticon More or Phonak Paradise?

following. I’m interested in these, too. I’m wearing 3 year old Resounds, currently demoing the latest Resounds (underwhelmed) and on Wednesday I get to demo the 7x level of the Signia AX instruments, excited to try them. I’ll report back.

1 Like

Have you tried them? They have also been proposed to me, but I would first like to hear the opinion of those who have tried them.
Where can I get a data sheet to find out if they are suitable for my type of severe loss?

yeah, demoing them right now and so impressed I’m buying them. I’ll come back when I have a bit more time and write up a more detailed review, but speech clarity is definitely better. One example. I NEVER watch tv without close captions. Ever unless it’s sports and the captions are showing up in an obtrusive spot. So we turn on a movie on HBO and after about 15 minutes a character says something I struggle to hear and look at the captions and realize they haven’t been on, and I’ve been tracking what they’re saying. That was very cool. I’m still using captions with these but I absolutely hear dialogue better. And one complaint with my Resounds was everything I streamed sounded harsh and tinny. These have a full, rich sound that is beautiful, and music is awesome.

The charger kinda sucks, stupid design, I keep it on my nightstand and it has two green lights that glow brightly so I have to put a coffee cup over it, and I like the Resound app better than the Signia one, though they’ve improved theirs a lot.

I wear custom molds with my Resounds, with these demos I have powerdomes that don’t really stay seated well and I’m still hearing better. We’ll do custom molds with these and I expect to hear even better than I do with the domes.

So, big thumbs up from me on these.

4 Likes

to compare Phonak Paradise with Signia AX. is the AX much better in quality?

By the way, is there an UltraPower version of BTE?

Thanks for the review. And I might ask you how much the Pure C&G 7AX cost from you?

I found one review from one page. But I’m surprised that other well-known audiologists haven’t made their own review of this hearing aid to see how different it is from Phonak, Widex, etc., for example.

https://www.makeuseof.com/signia-pure-charge-go-review/

Had the signia acitive pro for a few weeks. Now trying the pure c&g 7 ax. There is a larger earpiece on this one. Off the bat every thing sounds so much better. Have almost pulled them off myself a few times removing mask/ reading glasses.

1 Like

I also tried the active pro and now am trailing the 7 ax. The tulip domes are the most comfortable for me and sound decent. they also help with feedback.

How do your 7 ax sound in noisy environments like restaurant or large gathering? Mine are awful and I am wondering if it is a fitting issue (no real ear measurement is available from this provider).

My battery life is only about 15 hours - how is yours?

2 Likes

Not sure on how long they last yet. First day having them. Will be trying them in a crowded situation on sat and will know more about them then.

I downloaded the Signia hearing aid setup software. To study what hearing aids offer for my hearing impairment. And I’m surprised.
Signia offers strong RIC versions of hearing aids, like the Phonak Naida Paradise in the BTE version. Power up to 115 db and with a strong battery.
It seems to me that signia is more oriented towards RIC versions for more severe hearing impairment and I like that. Maybe my future HA could be a Signia because I would like a Wire instead of a tube. I put a picture to you see where my hearing loss is on the chart.
Phonak Naida Paradise in the rechargeable version is not strong enough for me but this Signia is. I really like that.

It appears Signia has a stronger receiver now for RIC type aids.
Most receivers for other brands top out around 105 dB.
This 115 dB receiver by Signia is still not up to their own or other BTE ultra power aids with 675 batteries but getting closer. If the receiver fits in a person’s ear canal it does open new ways for severe and getting into profound hearing losses.

Thanks for sharing Signia information.

An attachment with more information.

1 Like

You might want to check out the Signia Motion x series. They cover up to profound loss. and over 60 hours per charge…If I stick with Signia, it will be in the Motion X series…only drawback for some folks is that they seem to be a bit larger than what is the current fashion, but that is not an issue for me…

I’m trialing these now and like them quite a bit for playin my classical guitar. They have a learning curve for the music program for sure. Anyone else have impressions of these?

1 Like

I have now been using the Pure C&G 7T AX for about 2 months. It has helped me most with conversation which is something that did not work well for me with Signia Styletto 7X, Oticon More 1, Resound ONE with M&RIE. It took me about 3 months to find a solution for my needs. Dialog is the most important part of sound that is preferred. Previous HAs seem to pick up much of the background sound and numerous refits had to be dome. My first choice now after all the “trials” of HAs is C&G AX as first choice and ReSound ONE for my next choice which I hope will be refined in the long term.

2 Likes

Glad you like them.

@jeffrey @polaris @conejo23

Interested in knowing about the sound quality for streaming music. Is it tinny or comparable with Phonak Paradise or KS10s??

1 Like

I can’t speak to streaming music, but I attended a first concert in almost two years and the Live Music program was just brilliant! The best music has sounded to me for decades!! Classical concert with a solo piano and then two small ensembles.

2 Likes

Finally Dr.Cliff has reviewed it : Signia Pure Charge & Go AX review by Dr.Cliff

One more review from UK: Signia AX review by zone1hearing

3 Likes

Here is a comment from the Dr. Cliff review; I don’t know the back ground and area of expertise of the commenter so have no idea if they are right on or blowing smoke. If it is the former than like many HA Mfg. there is like a lot of marketing hype in the Signia roll out of the new HAs. I still have 5 months in my trial of KS10 and am not married to them as I am reading about Signia hoping that it might truly be a game change - perhaps?? it is.

======

[

Dennis Gallion](Dennis Gallion - YouTube)

3 weeks ago (edited)

"If you ask me . . . " Dr. Olson, maybe that’s not such a good idea. Your videos are informative but IMO it would be wise to not try to be so technical when, actually, you are not. The “two processors” simply means that an additional DSP core has been added to the SoC device; other manufacturers are using many-core SoC’s which do split processing. Furthermore, there are other fundamentally different architectural techniques that can produce the same result. That isn’t to say that using independent parallel processing and remixing does not provide the opportunity for much faster processing (with its intrinsic benefits) and superior filtering efficiency. But when you start talking about this approach as if it is revolutionary and a “game changer” that will likely be adopted by other manufacturers, you really put yourself out on a limb because, again, other system architectures can be able to produce the same result or possibly even better. There are many, many examples of this across various electronics industries. You are spot on however about the test results touted by Signia; when compared to a “something” people had been using; that is meaningless and no engineer would endorse that, this is marketing-speak, and weak at that. I actually expect that AX performance will be quite good, in spite of the marketing. You are a par excellence audiologist. An electrical hardware engineer, not so much. Keep to your core competence.

Show less

Hide reply

Doctor Cliff, AuD

Doctor Cliff, AuD
3 weeks ago

ouch