Anyone know about these type of hearing aids I have got/been given

I live in UK so I get them on the NHS. They are ReSound GN Danalogic Ambio 77.

I cannot find anything or anyone who has them, can only read their manual etc., on their website under NHS hearing aids.

I am not fussing or anything, just curious! I read a lot of people on this forum have Phonak.

I typed it into my search engine on my phone and it came right up. I don’t know how that has anything to do with phonak. So I’m a little confused here. A lot of people here also have oticon.

1 Like

Other than being major competitors, Phonak and Oticon have nothing to do with those GN Resound hearing aids.

1 Like

Exactly what I meant. Resound is a pretty well known brand also. In case the op doesn’t know that.

2 Likes

A quick search indicates Danalogic is an NHS only sub-brand?

Since the majority of the people here are not from the UK and only a percentage of them would have that model, it is not surprising very few people here would comment on that hearing aid.

1 Like

I believe Danalogic is a part of Resound that supplies what are essentially Resound hearing aids to the NHS.

I cannot be exactly sure, but it looks like the Ambio 77 is equivalent to a Resound Quattro Linx2 BTE. This is a BTE with direct connectivity to Android/Iphones. It should be a fairly recent make - probably 2 to 3 years old, and the line before the Resound Omnia.

2 Likes

Yes. I didn’t get deeply into it. But like I said there’s info on the internet. I hope that helps. I tested a resound aid a couple of years ago and thought they felt cheaply made. But that’s just my opinion and not this model.

2 Likes

Just a counter-point to illustrate that any hearing aid reviews are subjective. A number of years back I has Costco KS 6 aids which were Resound LiNX. They worked very well for me, much better that the Rexton KS8 aids I later got. This week I hope to get my Oticon More 1 aids to replace those.

For me personally, I never really liked the sharp sound of the Rexton aids and, about a year later, an iPhone OS update broke compatibility and Rexton did not release updated firmware. Their solution for losing streaming connection was to reboot the aids. After suffering with that for several years, I am moving on to another rand.

1 Like

Well I didn’t comment on whether it was a good hearing aid. I avoid doing that. It just felt flimsy. I’ve had resound aids in the past and don’t recall any kind of problem.

2 Likes

@craftycrocheter, your HAs appear to be slightly different from the closest model from ReSound (NHS seems to have had them produce a special low-cost version) so here’s Danalogic’s product page:

Here are some compatible accessories from a UK-based vendor:

There doesn’t seem to be a ton of detailed information about these specific HAs online, otherwise.

1 Like

Thank you all. I have heard of Connevans before. I need to come into more money before I can buy the phoneclip for these hearing aids.

I browsed through the Resound Danalogic NHS and it appears they are now doing ReSound rechargable hearing aids.

1 Like

Hi.
I have these also. They are a great improvement on my old Oticon ones. I have tinnitus in left ear and these have helped enormously. There is a phone app for them called BeMore. It’s been a good experience so far. I’ve had them a few weeks now.
Cat

1 Like

I still have them and they are constantly breaking down. I hope your ones do not end up doing the same thing.