Any issues with iOS 18?

Ah, thanks. Is there any benefit to turning on Optimize MIFI? To be honest, I don’t even understand exactly what it’s supposed to do.

The only advantage that I am aware of is that because the hearing aids disconnect when the phone or tablet is not active, that is the screen is off, you can pick up a different phone or tablet and you don’t have the problem that your aids are already connected to the wrong device. So if you only use your aids with one phone for example, then it’s best to leave “optimised for MFI” off. This is explained in Resound’s notes in the app, but it’s not obvious. I think they really should label the setting differently!

Can anyone tell me why for some users that when you are connected and ‘Treble Tap’ the home button, that you can’t see the full adjustment options in all IPhones. For a few clients now, I just get the limited 3 options with no option to see the volume or program controls.

Thanks, that was a better explanation than I got from the Resound documentation. Now I understand it better.

I don’t know this for sure, but here is a possible explanation. If you are tapping the home button three times then it is a pretty old iPhone as it is press the side button three times from iPhone X onwards.

So that will possibly mean that the iPhone in question is running an old version of IOS that doesn’t support the current range of accessibility options, either because it is on the newest it can be or the owner hasn’t understood to update the IOS version.

Maybe someone else can say when the full range of hearing accessibility short cuts started to appear in IOS?

No, this is a treble tap on a recent IPhone on the side ‘home’ button. The correct ‘window’ appears, it’s just it doesn’t open out into the full HA adjustment window. It’s not all iphones, just some.

once it opens to 3 items tap the hearing aid and that opens to volume and the rest of hearing aid settings

Ok well it’s probably in the iPhone settings then.

If you go into Settings - Accessibility and scroll down until you get to the Hearing section, then tap on Hearing control centre, you will see a page like this where you can choose what is accessible through the control centre. You may find some options aren’t included. But here is what it looks like if all are selected:

You can add or remove items as you choose.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have a squizz at it.

I’ve got a 2022 iphone SE running 18.0.1; it has a home button.

I get different screens when I attempt the triple tap. I don’t understand why I don’t get the same screen every time, though.

1 Like

Yeah, tried that - it doesn’t always. Sometimes it that tap on the top ‘button’ doesn’t go anywhere, the Background Sounds and Live Listen buttons work, but the other one doesn’t. Over a variety of phones and a variety of OS updates.