Any issues with iOS 18?

My iphone SE (2022, 3rd gen) has been on IOS 18 for almost 3 days. I’m finding the BT connection with my Jabra Pro 10s to be much more solid. Several times I’ve been out of range, and the connection has come back when I got back in range. For the 3rd day in a row, I’ve turned off the aids at night and left the Jabra app active on my phone, and the aids have reconnected in the morning. That never happened on IOS 16 or 17. I am amazed. I hope it keeps up.

1 Like

I have Naida UP L90. Problems with streaming calls and videos. Are you having probs?

My Phonak is Naida BYE P70.

I have the Starkey Genesis ITC 24, and iPhone 16 Pro Max with v18 and all connected okay however it took a few tries to get them initially connected and had the same problem with the spinning but after forgetting the HA’s a few times within accessibility section all is now working fine and I have not had any problems since, this was last Friday which obviously was release day…

@seansun01 thank you for info. I am always a bit learyto download a new iOS just for that reason. I’ll be waiting. Thanks again.

Yes, my Phonak P90 cros just don’t want to work with Apple before or after IOS 18

My experience is this.
Two Phonak Audeo Paradise 90-RT updated to the latest version available on 30.09.2024 ver: 1.1.15.0

Almost impossible to interact with:

• iPhone 12mini and iPhone 16 Pro Max with iOS 18 latest version as of 30.09.2024
  • MacBook Air M3 with macOS Sequoia 15.0 (24A335) latest version as of 30.09.2024
  • MacBook Air M1 with macOS Sequoia 15.0 (24A335) latest version as of 30.09.2024

Problems of use during calls (two-way communication).
The non-dominant hearing aid (the one that is not connected to the device) keeps disconnecting, causing the disconnect warning sound to make the call very difficult if not almost impossible to use.

No problem with one-way listening to music and other streams

No problem of use for calls on 30.09.2024 with:
iPhone X and iOS 16.7.10 latest release available for the device

Before iOS 18 and Sequoia I never experienced problems like now for two-way communications.

Who made the mistake? Apple with iOS 18 and Squoia or Phonak?

Apple support seems to blame Phonak and vice versa…

Wierd. I have p90-r HAs and Iphone 14 pro max on ios 18, and no trouble. I use a TV adapter with my computers. Firmware on HAs is 1.1.15.0; that was updated a few weeks ago at the clinic. I haven’t had any trouble in a while. I wish the bluetooth and roger signal went a little farther. But it doesn’t give me trouble as long as I stay away from the microwave oven while it is humming away.

No advice, sorry. Maybe check the bluetooth phone calls setting and toggle it to the other setting (normal vs enhanced) ?? I guess it has helped some.

WH

I got reply from SONOVA, they are working with Apple to solve the issue. They are aware of the trouble.

Using 18 on my iPhone 15. Works well with KS10 and Easy Liine. You’ll be surprised with some changes that are major. The Apple feature software are now treated as Apps and moved out as a line item in settings. But once you absorb the overall concept it seems appropriate and better.

Same here. Updated from L60 to L90’s and now can no longer connect to LG Smart Television with the Audia fiber optic pod. Tried everything several times. Also can not get iPhone 13 Pro Max to play YouTube audio to the L90’s.

And the gurus at apple screwed up 18.1 - disconnects from the HAs several times a day. How do programmers and th managers who signoff on the updates keep their jobs? Or won’t apple pay - or otherwise reward - enough to keep good people? Or is mfi just unimportant to apple?

It as if they turn off BT to save power. Is there a setting for the mf iphone to keep the connection going?

Ooops - it’s 18.0.1, I tried to find a way of reporting the problem to apple before posting last night. ANybody have a link? Thanks.

1 Like

I do not have an iPhone.
I think it’s the nature of the beast.
I had a program I used to help run my business.
I new everytime there was an update something was going to break.
It would take two more updates to get everything fixed.

Remember, you are on beta software so may face some issues with connectivity as 18.1 will be quite a significant update. Report the issue via the feedback app asap so they can fix this issue prior to public release.

There is an issue going on with 5G on 18.0.1 where apps like Mail and Fitt will only work using wifi, and not Mobile Data.

I will be leaving well alone until the bugs are gone. The Airpods are working well for me but I use the iPhone to take orders for my business so I will leave well alone and wait until it’s stable.

I have the same problem, I have the marvel M90R and an iphone 15 pro max.
I shouldn’t have updated to iOS 18 and I don’t know how to go back.
I make a lot of calls and the non-dominant hearing aid (the one that is not connected to the device) keeps disconnecting.
Very annoying. Really.

You haven’t solved it yet, right? Do we have to wait for an IOS update?

I’d be curious to know if this problem also happens with the phonak sphere infinio and therefore a common problem.

It’s not very clear to say the truth.
With iOS 18.0.1 update it seems that the problem is solved.

With macOS Squoia 15.0.1 (24A348) update the problem persists.

No hearing aid updates

With my Resound Nexia 9, the only thing I noticed is that if I have “Optimize MFI Connection” turned on, whenever I open the Resound app, it shows the HA’s disconnected and then they auto-connect in a few seconds. I don’t think it actually affects anything negatively that I noticed though. If I leave optimize MFI off, they show connected as soon as the app opens.

1 Like

That’s always been the case. Nothing to do with IOS18.

I keep having the same problem with iOS 18.0.1

Reminder: I have Phonak Marvel M90R and iPhone 15 Pro Max