Any clever ways for guys to carry spare batteries

My size 13 batteries last almost a week, so carrying two on my keychain is plenty, as long as I remember to reload when I get home.

It was just a good deal I found on ebay. I have 2 or 3 of those little carry cases because for a while I was buying in bulk on ebay from one vendor or another and they always came with a free keychain case.

Sorry I can’t help you guys in canada, maybe amazon will be a better deal for you.

Yes. That’s what the VA supplies me. I have a small pair of scissors that I use to cut the tabs loose (still stuck to the batteries) before putting them in my keychain battery carrier.

Ah I never thought to cut them up. Thanks!

I keep packs in all my vehicles. Living in S. Fl. I can attest from experience I have not had any heat related issues, and I have used batteries nearly a year old on occasion from this glove box stash.

2 Likes

The batteries negative is the whole case, except for the front protruding positive button.
You must be stacking them very tight and carefully, as stacking must rely on the air screen tab, which does not fully extend the whole diameter.
As long as our solutions work :sunglasses:

1 Like

I use the Oticon leather wallet that is meant to hold wax guards. The costco battery packaging and the wax guard together fit snugly into that wallet, and I place it next to my wallet in my pants’ pockets.

The link to the wallet can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/Oticon-Hearing-Aid-Pouch-White/dp/B01NBFKBNS

Jeff,
Thanks for the posting about storing your batteries in your glove box in south Florida. I live up in the panhandle of Florida so I don’t think it will get as hot here as down there and it’s good to know that your spares were OK when you needed them.

I buy my batteries from amazon: 60 ZeniPower Hearing Aid Batteries Size: 312 + Battery Holder Keychain Kit. The holder is a freebie.

I have a PowerOne battery caddy on my keychain. It holds two different sizes of tabbed batteries snugly so they don’t rattle around.

I also keep “wheels” of batteries in each vehicle glove compartment, in my desk at work, and a couple of places at home.

some people say batteries go bad with heat, seriously a pack has 6 in it, I change them every 4 days, some do every 7 days.

that’s 21 days for the pack max. in that nothing degrades noticeably, just keep them in their package and put them in your jacket or wallet. That’s not gonna change anything in that short time.