Another Phonak Sphere observation

@jeffpa, this may helps to understand AutoSense.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to make it more precise thenā€¦ Its kewl to know I can tweak these on my own>

Will install target this weekend, awaiting noah link

2 Likes

Do phonak Sphere offers BTE?

The Phonak Sphere is Receiver in cannel (RIC). The parts of the hearing aid other than the receiver/speaker fits behind the ear.

Iā€™m sure a BTE model will be offered, they always do RIC first, so the SP,UP come later, they havenā€™t done Nadia for a while anyway.

If weā€™re talking about AutoSense, I have to make my own experiences today while I was out walking. It was pretty windy and I have to say that the wind suppression on Phonak isnā€™t the best and whatā€™s worse, it turned everything down so that I couldnā€™t hear anything around me as well. I donā€™t like it when the hg does something ā€œweirdā€

1 Like

This is really encouraging, I am being fitted by Matthew in November, canā€™t wait :smiley:

This man recommends the use of manual Spheric in Loud Noise in windy conditions (YMMV).

You/your HCP can also adjust the slider of WindBlock.

Thanks for sharing this

Yes, this nice guy has really usable practical videoā€™s for (not only) the Phonak Sphere model (user manual and howto). Not as a seller but as a longtime hearing impaired himself. Does a great job in vlogging about hearing and tinnitus. https://www.youtube.com/@HearingCare-Channel Heā€™s also open for discussions and asking for issues you would like him to bring on YouTube.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s how Phonak recommends how to remove the receiver:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DM86e9IJXtoo&ved=2ahUKEwi62aK3no6JAxU9_rsIHcCQCpgQwqsBegQIARAG&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw1oX2_ipYu3CKskFQd1s_fE

1 Like

@sterei Thank you very much for adding this link.
Great to see this Phonak video of September 2024 which I didnā€™t found unfortunately. But Iā€™m glad it is there now.

Have to add that in my last try- out I did it exactly as is shown in this video as pulling with less force didnā€™t work before for me. So I still wonder if this process then is ment as a one- time release. I cannot imagine that if you do it as shown you can do this more then once or twice. My receivers werenā€™t second hand and original from Phonak but broke in this manner.

Iā€™m not a vlogger so I canā€™t make this nice videoā€™s but I wouldnā€™t do it like this.

My two cents just take a knife and jump it out or if you have strong nails maybe youā€™ll manage to get one under the collar and pull it out that wayā€¦

Anyhow I will not take the risk anymore to take them out often as I did with the old pin method on my other receivers 4 and 5 which was perfect for me.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. I just got a pair of Spheres from my HCP for trailing. I inserted the receivers myself and I have to say it was extremely tight. Itā€™s a shame, you definitely canā€™t just swap the receivers anymore. I also think the reason lies in the black sealing ring of the new receivers. Perhaps the previous receivers had a sealing problem in this area?
The lock pin was already removed on the Lumities Live, but it was still relatively easy to insert and remove the receivers. Perhaps too easy and there were also problems with lost HAs?

2 Likes

I followed those instructions and ruined two receivers. Fortunately they were receivers I received to use temporarily until I got the cshells that were ordered from Phonak. I am very nervous about changing them again.

3 Likes

Phonak IS in the business of selling new receiversā€¦

What do you mean, a new version of 6.0?

Not a new version, just that Phonak would like nothing more than to sell you another receiver. Making you pull on the wires with that much force would cause fatigue and/or failure sooner rather than later.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)