About the KS6 App

I decided to get an Iphone 6 from Consumer Cellular. I was using them for my Android phone. They also offer a “bring your own Phone” plan where they send you an SIM. They use the AT&T network. Rates start at $10 a month, and they sell call minutes and data plans separately. Check their website for Iphone models and prices.

I agree that the built-in Apple Support is all you really need. It lets you adjust the volume, change the program, and start the Live Listen which lets your Iphone be a remote microphone. The Kirkland Choice lets you change the Bass and Treble too, but it doesn’t have Live Listen.

The Kirkland app does have Live Listen. Been there done that.

I don’t think the live listen is in the app. Isn’t it in the phone’s settings?

Darned if I can find it! Not that I will ever use it, but how do you get to the Live Listen on the Kirkland App?

Goto the screen that has the blue text about your hearing aid. e.g. PV’s hearing aids. Press that text. Scroll down next screen to start live listen.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that Live Listen is an option on the lock screen menu on the app. When you hit the home button three times in succession, a menu screen pops up, and “Start Live Listen” is right at the top of the screen.

I’ve attached a screenshot from my phone.

Wow, I don’t have that on my phone. Must be something misconfigured.

Go into Settings, General, Accessibility, Hearing Aids, and make sure “Control on Lock Screen” is green (on).

Then, with the phone on the lock screen, you can hit the home button three times and bring up that version of the app menu.

It was green but no go. Humm…

Hit the home button three times in succession quickly.

Actually, if you triple-click from any screen on your Iphone or Ipad it will bring up the Hearing Aids control program. The lock screen switch adds the option to do it when your phone is locked.

The Hearing Aids control program is part of AOS., so it would work with any manufacturers aids connected through bluetooth. Right now that is the HALO from Starkey. The Starkey control program looks a lot different than the ReSound one.

well, I have never seen that screen. I have tried every permutation of 3 taps.

It seems that the Bluetooth setup might be munged. I can use the app ok. Getting anything else going doesn’t happen. Can’t get to the 3-tap screen. Can’t find other devices or when it does cannot connect. Failed with desktop computer and tablet. When it does find them it won’t complete the connection.

I’m new to both the iPhone and these Kirkland 6.0 hearing aids, so please bear with me, but I think this may solve your problem.

Slide left to right to unlock the phone, then slide bottom towards top, and look for the AirPlay button. Click on AirPlay. The Hearing Aids must be selected. Then follow the earlier steps to bring up Live Listen.

I reinstalled completely. Did away with the app before doing so. Now it work…well, sort of. I can pop up the app now but sometimes it only displays the right volume slider. Something not right in the OS.

well written, well tested software. lol

If you have both an Ipad and a phone, make sure only one of them is powered on when you turn on your hearing aids. I found that if I didn’t, the aids would pair correctly with one device, and also connect with only one ear to the other.
Bluetooth is only supposed to work with one device at a time. Now I make sure my Ipad is powered off if I want to pair with the Iphone, and vice versa.

Yeah, the KS choice was never run other than demo mode – well, you couldn’t. But, it must have inserted itself in the wrong position in the chain. Since I got it to come up, I get some strangeness beside the part load. I also noticed that the right aid vol isn’t the top point. The use as microphone feature is actually inserted by moving down the other features when it does load fully. I think that’s Apples insistence on elegance. I was a KISS kind of programmer. Fewer problems my way.

Also, sometimes when I 3-click, I get something different. It a panel of screens from the loaded programs that can scroll. Also, when I close it, Siri pops up and wants to chat. I am only pressing the darn button but what happens is pot luck.

Am I doing something wrong? I’ve had these brand new Signature K6s for almost a week. First couple days they connected nicely to my iPod Touch 5th Gen. Now the iPod setting/general/accessibility/hearing aids is saying it’s only connect to the Right HA, and I’m getting zero stream of anything through either. I’ve tried powering down/shut down/restart of both iPod and HAs.

Disconnect the devices, turn Bluetooth off and on, and then re-pair the hearing aids. If this doesn’t fix the issue, disconnect the devices and then do a “Reset Network Settings” (under Settings, General, Reset). Re-pair the hearing aids, but wait 2 minutes for the procedure to fully complete before doing any streaming.