11 BIG LIES of THE INDUSTRY

We need to remember that the op wasn’t generalizing. He made that crystal clear on more than one occasion.

1 Like

Correct: I never said all timeshare salesmen are crooks.

1 Like

Even worse–you’re showing MY age! :smiling_imp:

So you are saying you only want people here who agree with you? That’s quite a funny way of showing it.

Btw - for the op starting this thread saying ‘the industry’ is kind of misleading given that the HA manufacturers are really the industry. The audis are providers.

People who want to believe blanket generalizations often are not open to any other opinion(hence the term generalization) which is a pretty limiting and sad way to go. IMHO.

If it will make you happier I won’t post in this thread anymore if you don’t include me in your future posts… :grin:

1 Like

:eyes::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::eyes:

At least when I’m in a timeshare sales pitch, I can hear the salesperson (20 character limits are no fun).

2 Likes

At least when you go to a timeshare presentation you get the freebies like a woman on a first date.

1 Like

It’s true that the op’s complaints against the entire HA industry can be levied against almost any sector or coporation. Big oil? crooks. big Pharma? even worse. Amazon? shysters and monopolists. Safeway? they charge way over cost to pay out shareholders. ETc. etc.

So the OP has a Marxist style critique of the markets as a whole. Or perhaps he[s an anarchist. That’s fine! what’s his vision for after the revolution I wonder?

(I’m deliberately going over the top here for humor’s sake. I agree that capitalism can create huge inequalities and real harm to people and society at large.)

2 Likes

What kind of forum would this be if people weren’t allowed to voice their opinion. Or if one subscriber was allowed to tell people what they can say.

3 Likes

I don’t subscribe to any religion and political ideology.

1 Like

You were doing well until this point (albeit stretching some points of opinion).

Now you’ve lost the room with your bad science.

(You know everyone can see that edit, right?)

Well, enough said! Now I understand that you’re coming from an unreal world where you will own an island surrounded by lovely nymphs. And where facts don/t matter. Bon Voyage, mon ami! Say hello to Walter Mittty when you arrive. As long as no one gets hurt, why not?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

To the next person purchasing hearing aids from Costco:

Please pick up a bulk pack of popcorn for me. I need more to continue getting through this thread.

4 Likes

Folks, please stop this emotional banter. In any profession there are usually statistics (you must keep in mind that there are lies, damn lies and statistics) available to those who have an interest in trying to find a reasonable approximation of the truth regarding qualifications for virtually any profession. What is the range from the least qualified to the most qualified of a profession? These statistical results are usually shown as a bell shape graph. The peak (middle) of the bell graph represents the normal/standard of what is being measured. As the left of the center of the graph declines it represents the numbers that fall below average and as the right of the center of the graph declines it represents the numbers that are above (better) than average. I would guess that such a statistical analysis that measures qualification of hearing aid fitting probably exists. As always, opinions of subjective things are great (vanilla vs chocolate), while uninformed opinions about something that is not subjective, are shameful at best.

If only they would have you.

2 Likes

I agree. California is a market onto itself. Nice weather though

I live in California. I’m not worried about a new virus mutant variant. I’m far more worried about the lockdowns, restrictions and mandates.

3 Likes

Is this the covid variant forum now?

ehhhhh–could be doc!

The 11 Lies of Big Pharma
…coming up

1 Like

Audiologist have the most knowledge and clarity of how bad the “industry” is. They know far more than anyone. But they clearly benefit from this “industry” thus are the least likely to come forward and give advice on how to work around needing them.
I don’t think you get what this thread means. We/I are angry at having to goto an audiologist for hearing aids in the first place. If we can program our aids at our home then +1, if we can spend a few hundred bucks for a device which is worth only a few hundred then that is our goal.
The FDA says we need a “prescription” for aids or they will damage our hearing, meanwhile we use ear buds to listen to music (which, apparently damages our hearing). we can buy Hearing Amplifiers, same thing as Aids, but without an equalizer. It is ridiculous, give us the Aids, give us Equalizer control, give us the opportunity to hear better without spending $5,000 and many visits to an audiologist. Its not that hard to understand.
I’ve had bad hearing since 7th grade. Lots of people suffer from this ailment who can deal with it themselves if given a chance. Audiologists are absolutely in the middle, and helping to block our ability to buy from a free market and tune them ourselves. They need to keep their jobs. It is not like they don’t care about their patients, of course they do…just buy what they recommend and see them often for help and they are happy as pie.
They are protecting their job, I understand that, I’m a contractor and where do you think the last 1 million asylum seekers who came in this year, with nothing but he clothes on their back go to for a job? Yep, they go after my job. Again, I understand why Audiologists wouldn’t speak up about this…It is what it is. Markets change, in my case, by breaking the law, in this case, by preserving an old, outdated law.

2 Likes