How do you keep your hearing aids?

Ive lost mine three times. Hearing aids are getting smaller and smaller. Any advices how to keep them around?

1 Like

Figure out what the issue is. Possible solutions are bigger hearing aids, more visibly noticeable (color) and retention straps of some sort. Might also just involve a change in your routine.

4 Likes

Do you have pets?

What’s going on when you lose them?

4 Likes

Mine are always in my ears or in my Dry Caddy.

Never lost any in 35 years.

11 Likes

I’m super absent minded so I’ve learned that my hearing aids have a few designated homes in my house (because until my new HAs they didn’t have Bluetooth and I had to take them out multiple times during the day for calls and music) and they always go to one of them if I take them out. Even if I can’t remember exactly which spot I left them in know it will be in one of those spots.

3 Likes

Keep them in your ears, in a charger, or in a case. Get multiple cases if you need to and put them in a few rooms. Only do that. If they are falling out, there are clips, guards or bigger domes. Never just put them down. Only in a case, then just look in your cases.

You did not explain how you are loosing them?

6 Likes

I have been wearing aids for 20 years, and i have never lost any of them. They are in my ears if i am awake. And in a place I take great effort to find that i can depend on them being there, even when i am traveling, or even camping. It is just discipline that my dad, mom and the military ingrained into me.

6 Likes

My spare aids live in this case, along with all my Roger equipment, batteries, ear hooks, spare custom moulds, tubing, NoahLink wireless, cabling, which ever aids I am wearing live in the hearing aid dryer… Getting into the habit of leaving your aids in a specific place, saves time, and perhaps less panic, when you are in a hurry… Cheers Kev :smile:

8 Likes

Check out https://deafmetalusa.com/. You can buy a plastic holster that slips over the HA, then attach it to an ear cuff or hearing aids. I use this when I’m going to be someplace where I don’t want to risk one falling off (like on a roller coaster!). I also keep a small case every purse. If I’m at home, they always go back in the charger if I’m not wearing them. Good luck!

3 Likes

My aids are either in my ears or they are in the charger on my night stand. The only other possibility is that backup set of aids are in the carry case that Oticon provides, either in my pocket or my go pack that i use for traveling. I never lay my aids down on a desk or table. So far I have never absent-mindedly layed my aids down and forgotten them and I have been wearing aids for 20 years. I had discipline preached to me by my parents and grandparents from before I knew what discipline was. And ad a good parent i did the same with my children.

I keep my aids in my ears, a dryer, or a case in my pocket (like when I get a haircut). I try to never put them anywhere else. I don’t recall having to look for them in 12 years, with one exception. I dropped one aid when I pulled my mask off and didn’t notice. The “find my aid” in the cell phone located it. Alas, someone had stepped on it, crushed the mold and thrown it in the trash. Found it and had the receiver replaced, covered by warranty.

My aids are either in my ears or in my case or on the ground after I crashed on a bike ride. I just accept that if I crash, I may lose and aid.

Answering Raudrive’s questions may provide you with a lot of help. If you know when you lose them, you’ll have info you can use to prevent or accept losing them.