Yet more problems

For most of this year, my left hearing aid has not been very useful. I have to push it firmly to my ear before I can hear much at all, and then it’s not at a very useful level.
The hospital has not been able to understand what is going on. So no help there.

My right ear also has problems, over the last three months. It appears to be blocked up, but I don’t know what with.
The hospital says I have no wax, but I have had an infection for several months. I have so far had two micro suction sessions, which clears the ears for a few days.

My last session was this morning. The doctor said he took some dead skin out of my ear, and there is no infection in either now. But he did put something in my left ear, to block it up for forty eight hours. But I cannot wear my aid until I have had a CT scan, which he will organise.

I must also not wear my right aid all day, as the canal is wet. I thought this would have dried out overnight. Ear moulds make the canal wet anyway, and I have survived so far wearing my aids all
day.
I did consider getting a hair dryer to help, but my wife says a big no. she thinks it will do it on it’s own, but how long will that take…
So far this year has not been a very good hearing year, and I am very fed up with it all.
I have tried all sorts of drops which are supposed to clear the ears, but nothing works.
Any suggestions please, I’m all ears….!

Have they checked for glue ear? You can feel blocked up that way! Have they also checked your sinuses as again, feeling of blocked up can happen but nose can be clear.

Hi Zebras.
No, they didn’t check, but I don’t feel blocked up, is just that i couln’t hear as well.

Amazon or drugstore should carry this ear dryer. Go see an audiologist to have your hearing tested and make sure they do an Tympanometry test how well your eardrum moves, check of condition of your eardrums.

1 Like

Hi Terry S.

Thanks for that, not seen it before. But the ears should dry naturally, so I will think about it.

I have cleared the right ear this morning, using a rubber bulb. Syringing didn’t work, but suction did.