Yet another smart glasses prospect: Oculaudio

I came across an article (paywalled unfortunately) about Cochlear Australia signing an agreement with a Norwegian company named Oculaudio to collaborate on research and development. The Oculaudio technology looks amazing. Assuming it ever comes to market and does what they claim of course. I haven’t seen it mentioned here before. If anyone can fill in any details on the agreement with Cochlear, that would be appreciated.

https://oculaudio.com/product/

3 Likes

Looks interesting. No audio on their videos though.

1 Like

So many misspelled words! is this a serious site? Noice, glases…

1 Like

Very interesting concept @d_Wooluf, innovative too… I like the one size fits all earbuds, by expanding to fit the ear canal, that’s so simple, yet so absolutely clever, its amazing no one thought of it before… Airtight fit, with no impressions required, and most likely, very comfortable? Thank you for sharing :grin: Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t notice the spelling @Lostdeaf… Looked perfect to me :rofl: Although, I am severely dyslexic, so I have an excuse :grin:

1 Like

Yes. The whole website looks a bit amateur hour. “Control by smart watched”!

1 Like

Will these glasses also be suitable for mild/moderate leaks like those from Luxottica, I Tested EssilorLuxottica’s Visionary New Hearing Aid Glasses. Do They Work? - #45 by lello58 or will they also be able to cover severe/profound ones?

I would speculate that it would serve mild to severe losses (but not profound low/mid frequency loss). Perhaps high frequency profound loss if they implement frequency transposition.

This is complete guesswork but the two issues I would think would be the impact of feedback and the physical constraints of fitting the receiver in the ear bud. Assuming the mics are not in the ear buds in addition to the 16 mic array on the spectacles may mean there is less chance of feedback, so more severe losses could be fitted.

The next question would be whether a UP receiver can fit into the ear bud? It has to house the battery + other components - such as a digital to analogue converter, assuming there is digital transmission from the spectacles to the ear bud, that then gets fed through to the receiver.

Even if a UP receiver could be fit, we’ve seen that the RIC variety struggle to match the kind of output that the Phonak Naida or Oticon Exceed is capable of.

1 Like