Would any hearing aids let me change defaults?

New user of Phonak Audeo Lumity L70s. I bitterly despise the fact that I can change settings, but cannot change default settings. This means that every. SINGLE. time. I use the hearing aids, I need to open the app, pair the HAs, change the main profile, pair the phone, play music to activate the BT profile, then change the settings for the BT profile.

Are there any hearing aids that treat me like a functional adult, capable of setting default HA profiles?

Edit: I went back to my audiologist and she adjusted the settings perfectly, but then one of my L70s died the very next day. It won’t even turn on. This, after only two weeks of usage. As I am within a 30-day trial period, I plan to dump them for good.

But to help other new users who may be reading this, the answer to my question is that you can change these settings using desktop software called Phonak Target. This software – along with documentation for it – can be found for download from reputable sources, if you look for it.

For the Lumity HAs, you will also need a Noahlink Wireless device, which connects to your computer, and pairs with the HAs, making them accessible to Phonak Target. It seems people typically obtain this device from eBay. It’s not cheap, but if you’ve just purchased HAs, the price probably won’t shock you much.

As far as I know for permanent changes, one needs to use the programming software. This can be accomplished by asking your hearing care provider to make the changes or obtaining software and equipment and do it yourself. There is a separate DIY (Do it yourself) section in the forum.

1 Like

Phonak doesn’t treat me like an adult in that it won’t let me change the defaults of my HAs. And this forum doesn’t treat me like an adult, in that it doesn’t let me delete my posts, nor have freedom over how I edit them. So here is an edit that won’t appear to make sense, but the original post didn’t, either.

Using the free programming software I am able to change the defaults on my Starkey Evolv HAs.

I did have to buy the noahlink wireless adapter for $80-90 (used).

1 Like

@JordanK is a big fan of Lumity. Maybe he can help.

Maybe he isn’t getting them for some reason…pick up the phone. i would think during a trial period they would be very responsive to make you happy. I’m sure you have checked your spam folder?

1 Like

@Dissident

On this website is a detailed description how your audi can apply myPhonak App adjustments to permanent Hearing Aid Settings via Phonak Target

No, you do not have to re-pair the phone. Streaming bluetooth+mic program can be set to automatic so if there is a Bluetooth device that is in range the hearing aids connect to it automatically. Most nights i play games on my android tablet and have the Bluetooth volume fairly low, just loud enough to hear the chirps and whatever from games, while the TV is on.