With Jabra Pro 20 and my iPhone 15, can I select the default for sound input / output when answering the phone?

My Jabra Pro 20 and iPhone 15 combination seems to have a default mode for when I answer a call: If I simply hit the button to answer the call, it always answers in a mode where I hear the caller clearly via my Jabra 20s. The problem is that often the caller says he/she is having a little trouble hearing ME.

If I then use the button sequence on the iPhone screen that enables me to select whether the sound is output through my HAs, the iPhone microphone, or the iPhone speaker, my large fingers make that hard and slow, and the person at the other end wonders if the call was dropped before I get the sound switched over to the iPhone.

Based on all that, I would prefer the default answering mode to be iPhone microphone for my speech output and iPhone speak for me to hear the other person. (I can hear the other person’s voice just fine when my HAs pick up the sound from the iPhone speaker and amplify it)

With Jabra Pro 20 HAs and my iPhone 15, can I select that mode as the default for sound when I answer the phone?

Jim G

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think you could try the following:
In iPhone go to Settings/Accessibility/Hearing Devices and then “Audio Routing” and “Call Audio” and switch to “Never Hearing Devices”. This should allow you to hear from iPhone speaker instead of through HAs.
You can then go to your iPhone Hearing Aid control (click thumb button 3 times) and change Mic Input to “Off”.
Seems to work for my Jabra’s and iPhone.

Try selecting this from your control centre hearing devices menu and switch to off.

You can change the accessibility settings to route the incoming audio automatically/always/never to the hearing aids.

1 Like

Thank-you! That seems to have made the change I wanted.

Jim G

2 Likes