Wireless microphone

I am new to the group. I have Phonak Audeo L90-R HA and TV connector which is great.
I need a microphone Phonak has Roger On and Roger Select but both require installation of expensive receivers in the hearing aid. I don’t understand why such microphone would not work like the TV connector utilizing the BT receivers which are already built into the HA.
Are there other wireless microphones on the market capable to work with Phonak HAs as is?
Thanks.

@noaml I think Roger is your best bet if you have the Phonak L90. They are among the best available IMO. Last I checked with ZipHearing a new Roger On iN v2 was $1,650. I think you may get them for less. If you purchase a Roger On iN or Select iN the price includes the licenses. You can pick up either on Ebay for a couple to a few hundred dollars. If you want to use the device as a microphone when talking on your computer (as opposed to using the mics in the hearing aids) you will need the Roger On V2. Otherwise v1 and v2 are essentially the same. I have purchased on Ebay with good success but look for sellers who accept returns just in case.

Phonak Partner Mic works like the TV connector, no need for licenses:

2 Likes

These things are extremely pricy, and have a range that is similar to regular Bluetooth. In that case I would go for a simple Bluetooth microphone. A 80 USD example is:
https://www.amazon.com/Nolan-LiveMIC2-Microphone-conference-impairment/dp/B014EIRNEO

PartnerMic is available on EBay at very reasonable prices. They work very well.

If saving is important, the phonak remote mic will also work with the new phonak hearing aids. They were originally intended to be connected to Compilot, which was used before they started incorporating bluetooth into hearing aids. I have not tried it in comparison with roger devices. I can tell you that the quality will not drop, mine worked very well, even better because most of the sound quality is already adjusted in the hearing aids.

Hello and welcome,
Roger on is a very versatile option. I recently got one. There are two types the Roger in and roger on. The in has the software to activate the receivers in your hearing aids. I have the version 2 roger on in. I just call it roger on. It is very versatile acts as a tv streaming, table mic, a clip on, and pointer, Its very compact and easy to use. If your more of a visual person there was a video done by dr cliff and on hearing tracker. It has proven to be very versatile and useful to me.
With that said there are other accessories that will work with your hearing aids and may be cheaper in price. Check the video on hearing tracker an the we phonak’s websight. Good luck

I have the Phonak Lumity and the Roger ON. I really like the Roger ON. I used it this morning at breakfast with my wife’s family at Ruby Sunshine. I’m using it 2 or 3 times a week, and I’m retired.

Previous to the Lumity I had the Phonak Belong hearing aids. Roger Pen options back then were, you could have Roger “shoes” installed on each hearing aid, or have one Roger x receiver plugged into my Compilot 2. I went with the Roger x plugged into the bottom of my Compilot 2 (the Bluetooth intermediate device of that day). The Roger Pen was amazing. The Roger On is a good refinement.

Here are my tips for Roger ON:

1. In a noisy place, I try to sit with my back to the noise.

2. I use the MyRoger app and gray out the two back slices of the sound pie, so background is almost muted.

3. I mute my hearing aid mics so they are not competing with the Roger mics. I want everything coming through the Roger, adjusted by the MyRoger app.

When i do this everyone at the table is clear. I get the best results this way. Better than anything previous.

Plus, Roger On can connect to the TV and be your TV transmitter.

Roger’s ALD are pretty pricey and technology drop very fast - every 18-24 months. Have a new pair of Phonak BTE P70 UP and would like to link with the Phonak ALD. There are usable Roger on the eBay. Whish of teh following Roger devices is suitable for the above BTE P70:_

1. Roger Pen
  2. Roger ON/ ON IN
  3. Roger Select
  4. Roger Clip
  5. Regular BT such Nolan-LiveMIC2

Any licenses needed or just ask the Audi to set it up & connect. As Phonak BTE P70 has BT, so it much easier to connect to Nolan or BT enabled devices sold in Asia.
Would like to use it mainly in open air restaurant or during dinner or coffee shop.

Looking forward to your kind advice.

Yes, you’ll need licenses. iN devices come with licenses. A Roger On iN or Select iN could be useful. If you’re buying off EBay make sure it includes the licenses.

1 Like

Hi Rob,

Do you need a license to operate Nolan-Live2? Or it just plug and play device… All the Roger devices need a license to operate! I though Phonak BTE P70 already have a license attached with the HA’s.

Your kind advice pls.

The Nolan bluetooth microphone does not appear to be the same use case as Roger On.

Each hearing aid needs a Roger receiver/ license. Then they can use any Roger device.

Hello Noaml, :slight_smile:
Good detailed question. As you are already familiar with the Phonak TV Connector why don’t you investigate a wireless microphone to connect to this?
TV Connector uses Phonak Proprietary Airstream Wireless technology that’s licence free. It’s the same Wireless the Partnermic uses but I find the range limiting. What use of the microphone is required? If short range you could use the Partnermic as others have suggested or for some purposes seeking a wireless microphone system to link into the TV Connector works well typically with less latency than using traditional bluetooth suggestions. :smiley:

2 Likes