Will Resound One M&RIE work with this loss?

Is this hearing loss to severe for Resound One M&RIE loss (this post keeps getting deleted not sure why) My Quattro is 2 years old in January so thinking about upgrade to Resound One if there is some added advantage.

My understanding is that the M&RIE thing works best with mild / moderate loss … this is due to feedback likelihood when the speaker and in-canal microphone are so close in proximity.

4 Likes

Well I’m giving it a try (Resound One 9) I’m being provided the M&RIE and standard HP receivers I’m told I will be borderline for M&RIE as the are more than LP and less than MP I am currently fitted with HP but was told MP is within range so Ill give both a try

1 Like

Received the Resound Ones 9 with M&RIE with power domes and they are fantastic. First off I’m NOT getting any feedback as others suggested to me would be a problem considering my loss. Sound is crisp and clear. Ultra focus really brings in the speech. Previous aid were Quattro 9. For me these are a big jump in language understandability. Sound is much more pleasing and natural. I can turn volume way up without annoying feedback. So if your loss is like mine don’t hesitate to trial them even if your provider suggests they would likely be out of range with the M&RIE.

2 Likes

@tamarack9676 It would help to add your audiogram to your user profile. Click on FORUM dropdown at top of web page and pick “My Hearing Tests” and you’ll be able to input your audiogram. That way other forum members on any post you make about hearing loss can easily see what you’re dealing with and not have to find this specific post (or any other with your audiogram attached!). Thanks for the info on the Ones!

I took a pair of Resound ONE hearing aids and tested them for 15 days in a familiar environment. I didn’t like the sound, the sound is like a robot. But there is an advantage - they do not whistle.

I have a pair of opn 1 with individual earbuds, I really liked the sound

I just swapped the M&Rie to the HP so far I’m liking the HP better seems with M&Rie as my power domes settle in to my ears they leak a bit and Feedback is more often, I used some otoferm to snug them but didn’t improve much guess I would need custom molds for M&Rie. The HP for sure deliver language that is comprehensible with clarity and clearness more so than M&Rie probably due to increase range. I like to program the aids by listening to music and fine tune by how many words I can hear clearly. I’m using sound shaper on mild since i don’t hear after 6000Hz not sure how to judge the results on that. I believe I would benefit from custom molds although the DFS grey area only touches the 2500K to 3000K.

1 Like

First Pic is M&Rie 2nd is HP the grey area on bottom pic is sound shaper enabled both gains were caculated by software Audiogram +

The point with those prescriptions and the function of the DFC (grey) zone, is that you can manually drop the level a bit around 3KHz and kill the feedback/mechanical interference without really impacting the overall performance.

Some people would claim that this means you don’t get as much speech benefit with your hearing in this area, but if you actually look at the REAR, you’ll see that due to you canal resonance you’re probably well on your target anyway.

3 Likes

Thought it might be of interest! take a look at feedback of the Quattro with Power domes difference of DFS 2 here vs DFS 3 above from Resound One