Will I benefit from hearing aids

I just added my audiogram and am curious how much I will benefit with hearing aids.

Both my ENT and Audiologist feel I am a legit candidate but I’m not convinced this isn’t a sales pitch.

Thanks

I think it will help, your hearing loss is a Ski slope hearing loss,Generally speaking, this kind of hearing loss is acquired, and you also have certain language communication skills, so you may not think there is a big problem, I think you can try it, because your high-frequency loss does have some big

Yes, I do think you’d find them helpful. Your audiogram looks similar to how mine looked when I first started wearing hearing aids, and if anything, I’d waited too long. That’s common. (Other signs of needing them now: The significant other(s) in your life say you need them. You’re asking people to repeat themselves more than other people do. You want the TV or radio etc. to be louder than others do.)

Hearing aids have been very helpful to me, including when I got my first pair. The advantage of starting sooner than later is that the learning curve is easier; your brain still has strong cognitive power to make sense of speech. People who wait much too long have often lost a lot of that.

Try a pair out. Expect to need some adjustments. Eyeglasses are relatively plug ‘n’ play. Hearing aids are not. They need to be adjusted.

1 Like

I’d encourage hearing aids if you want to maintain ability to understand speech. What do the people in your life say? From my experience, it’s a real PIA dealing with hearing impaired people who don’t wear hearing aids.

2 Likes

I would say it’s beneficial for you to get fitted with hearing aids. I can understand the apprehension you have with the feeling of this being a sales pitch, so I think you need more knowledge and information or an interpretation of your hearing loss to understand why both your ENT and Audiologist say you’re a candidate for hearing aids. I’m certain those with more knowledge than I can provide better information for you to digest and understand what you’re dealing with.

Were you able to get your Word Recognition Scores (WRS) from the test as well? The audiogram tells part of the story, but the WRS helps paint a picture too.

2 Likes

As others have said, believe they will help you. If you are in the US, most states require a provider to have a trail period. Have you discussed doing a trial with your audiologist?

1 Like