Will audi program online bought/used hearing aids?

Will an audiologist typically object to programming a pair of online bought/used hearing aids, mine are new in box(I have put the R and L markets in so all I need to bring is my new aids) but my current audiologist is great but just doesn’t seem to fit well with my needs as a young more active person currently in college environments. I’d feel bad leaving her but i had to go to her due to insurance benefits. But I have bought my aids and I think I’d have to stay with her till the end of the year due to my warranty and such, I’m not sure if that can be switched clinics. plus the clinic I like has better appointment availability that can fit with my schedule.
I will need to have my new aids programed and since my marvel 30s will need to be adjusted and such for a new audiogram should my current audi be able to copy the programming to make it the same on both the marvel RICs and he new sky m70-Ms I have bought? I also would want her help in connecting my roger mic.

Generally speaking you could find it difficult to find an AuD that’s prepared to program your new aids. If you can find someone who is prepared to program them for you, be prepared to pay for the programming and all follow up appointments. You best bet is to do a ring around to see if you can find someone who is prepared to program them for you.

Failing that you can always teach yourself how to self program, you will find how to do this in the DIY thread her in the forum.

Good luck.

1 Like

I do meet with my Audi Monday, since my RICs are coming in from repair she is going to do a lot of reprogramming anyway so I don’t know if there is a way for her to kinda like copy paste?

Not all AuD’s deal with all brands of aids on the market. So depending on what brand you purchased off the internet she may not be able to help you. It would depend if she has the right program on her computer. And it will depend on her if she’s prepared to help you, simply because you didn’t purchase your new aids from her.
I would suggest you ring the office and ask if they would be prepared to program them for you before your appointment.

Thanks for the suggestion! My other aids are the phonak marvel 30 RICs and the new ones I bought are the phonak Sky marvel 70 BTE

1 Like

She should be able to copy the settings from M30 to M70.
But, as @Deaf_piper said, you might want to explore some DIY.

1 Like

Try your local university speech and hearing clinic.

You can copy Phonak hearing aid settings from one set to another, as I’ve just done it (Paradise P90 to Marvel M70). However, that doesn’t mean they’ll sound the same, as mine certainly don’t. I’ve reverted back.

I guess differing factors such as RIC against thick tubes, and types of moulds/domes make more of a difference than realised?

Peter

1 Like

I already use custom molds with my RICs and they have a pinhole vent due to size but I do feel they drastically help my sound quality and comfort,hopefully it won’t be too hard for my audiologist

2 Likes

I have another question, I’m assuming my audiologist will be able to pair the aids so they are synced together? All I technically should need to being to her are the aids correct?

Yes they will pair them on first fit :slight_smile:

Ok thanks! I just wasn’t exactly sure because the SN is the same except the last two letters/numbers
@PeterH

Well that’s good actually, because now you know they came from the same batch.

I wasn’t sure if they were supposed to be the same or anything
@tenkan

1 Like

I am assuming this is coming up because they need to be paired and such? @PeterH

Well to be fair, they haven’t been programmed as yet, so try again after that is done, did you get these from the UK by any chance? But “another manufacturer” is a bit strange, as they are Phonak, got a picture of the HAs?

Yes I did but they were completely sealed,they are phonak

@tenkan
I am now thinking it could also be that the aids are not currently Bluetooth paired as LE Bluetooth

I’ve not seen this message before

Odd, I reached out to the seller and they said to contact if the issue is not fixed once aids are reprogramed.

Why is it odd?

You need to get them programmed for things to work properly.

@DeafAntifa

2 Likes