Widex Moment sheer 440 model differences

Hi all - trialing a pair of Widex moment 440, sheer. Does anyone know the difference between the 'M receiver and the R receiver?" thanks

there is no R receiver, but a P receiver.

The difference is in strength, S is the weakest and P is the strongest. The appropriate receiver is selected according to the degree of hearing loss. Some people will find S and M too weak.

If you buy the receiver yourself, you must know that if you change the type of receiver, it needs to be adjusted additionally in the application for adjusting the hearing aid. This also applies if you use closed domes and want to use ventilation domes, i.e. open ones with holes. It is necessary to adjust it because the sound is not the same.

3 Likes

Thank you!! I wonder how to know which one I actually have. on the box it says MRR4D4AB. There’s a card in the packaging that shows the profiles and eq curves of the M and the P. I assume that means it’s one of those 2?. I did want to use open domes, and these do feel really loud, and I’m only on level 2. It’s my first week with them. Can all of these be tweaked the same but the general power level is the main difference, and what’s at play?

I don’t have widex hearing aids and I’ve never seen them, but I’m looking at receivers on ebay

Pay attention to these bold letters
L or R is Left or Right
from 1 to 3 refers to the length of the wire

for example
P4R - Power receiver, wire size 4, Right

I’m a little confused by your markings on the receiver, see if there are other markings.

1 Like

Also, I have a question, does your receiver have 2 pins?

I use Unitron hearing aids, which are similar to Phonak Paradise hearing aids, they use the same receiver, which uses 3 pins. Older hearing aids had 2 pins.
It is also important to pay attention to this, so that there is no confusion when buying a receiver. I assume that yours has 2 pins, but if the future Widex will have 3 pins, you should be careful when buying so you don’t buy the wrong one.

Ok - i looked at the receiver, and it’s ‘M’ - thank you!!. It definitely more than covers my hearing loss profile, and probably S would be fine as well. I wonder if there’s any downside to having a stronger receiver than needed? I’m not buying online, just trying to know what I have in my ears right now, that I am trialing.

One downside is, sometimes a bigger receiver might over amplify everything. Giving a more boomy effect, or plugged feeling.

M refers to a moderate power receiver. R refers to a right-ear receiver. When I am ordering a set of Widex hearing aids with size 2 moderate receivers, the receivers are labeled M2R for the right and M2L for the left.