Widex Moment Firmware update 3.1.125 problems with battery percentage one hearing aid

I recently had my hearing aids adjusted to change the order of hearing choices (moved impact to first place) . The audiologist updated the firmware and I had to upgrade the moment app to work with this upgrade.
The update displays the battery percent and time left to use the hearing aids which is nice but not necessary.
However every time I remove the hearing aids from the charger the left hearing aid shows 0% while the right shows 100 . I have removed the hearing aids , re-downloaded the moment app, hard reboot phone (iphone) , re - paired the hearing aids but it still does the same.
The only way to show the correct battery % is to turn off the left hearing aid for about 30 seconds and then restart it again. Then it remains working until I recharge the hearing aids.
Anyone else have this problem or know how to undo the firmware update.

When the moment app is upgraded via a download, I believe it also upgrades the firmware in the hearing aids. It will therefore have also overwritten the audiologist’s update to the firmware.
What it sounds like is that only one of your hearing aids had its firmware upgraded by the Moment app upgrade . Looks like you will need to re-visit your audiologist and ask them to check on the firmware versions in each hearing aid

There’s a post about having the audiologist reset/balance the rechargeable batteries to 0% in the software, so that they read correctly in the app, I can’t find the post but it was by @SpudGunner, maybe its this issue.

@tenkan: Just to clarify: I wear Oticon More 1 hearing aids, not Widex.

Yes I’m aware your Oticonian, but was thinking the rechargeable batteries could possibly work the same in the software for the moments.

@tenkan: Right. I just wanted to make sure we’re on the same page. I’m trying to find the relevant posts for you, in between chores. Sorry for the delay - I’m not ignoring you!

Try this, @tenkan. Let me know if it doesn’t work …

[And I’m pretty sure you’re correct about the batteries working the same way …]

I want to thank every one for their reply. I will have my audiologist redo the firmware update when I have a chance in the future.
It has never been a problem before I could see the battery percent and have never run out of battery since I usually dont put them on when I am the only one awake in the house and go to bed about 10 hours later.
Other than when using the hearing aids while traveling and am on a plane for 6 hours and changing time zone but that has never affected my wydex hearing aids.

Further follow up. When the rep returned from vacation and my audiologist suggested the following to find out the cause of the issue.
I have the app on both my ipad and iphone. It is the iphone app where I discovered the problem.
I paired the hearing aids with the ipad and there was no issue with the percentages.
When I diconnected the ipad and repaired with the iphone the problem re-occured.
I had removed the app,reinstalled the app, restored my iphone to factory and problem remains suggesting they have a bug in their iphone app.
We will see.

1 Like

Just got a notice on my Widex Moment app on my iPhone SE 2020 that Widex has an update that it wants me to download. This may be the fix for your problem.
From the Apple App store:
“Version 1.4.0
Do you have rechargeable hearing aids? The app now shows how much battery you have left (in percentage and hours remaining.)
We also have an update for your hearing aids, which includes general performance improvements and bug fixes.”
So the firmware on your hearing aids will also get updated!!!

Thats the version I already have. The ipad app works but the problem is on my iphone app.

I have not downloaded the update yet as I prefer to wait and see if people report problems on this forum. In a couple of days I will download the update and see if I get the same problem on my iPhone SE 2020

let me reiterate. The app works fine, the only problem is the % battery displayed which corrects when I turn the hearing aid off and then on again.
We didn’t have battery percent before this update and we would not have missed it.
It appears to be an issue with the iphone app and my iphone xsmax. It may not affect any one else and I have stopped worring about it.
Download and enjoy.

Hi, I did the update and now the Moment app shows % for both HA batteries. I don’t have the 0% problem that you reported. My smartphone is an iPhone SE 2020 running iOS 14.8.