Widex Moment + Android: How to stop phone calls from streaming without disconnecting aid?

I have single sided hearing loss (SSNHL in January) and am now going through the process of trialling hearing aids. I sing, and the compression of higher frequencies has been making music miserable (Oticon, Phillips) so I’m now trying a Widex Moment 220. So far, so good in most aspects. However, I can’t control volume on the aid itself, only through the app, which means I’d like to keep the app connected all the time. The nature of the damage to my ear means that speech is never going to be completely clear no matter what hearing aid I use, and I can’t reliably have a phone conversation with the sound streaming to my bad ear.

iPhones hve a way to stop phone calls from going through your hearing aid without having to disconnect the aid from Bluetooth. I have a Pixel 6a which is an android phone and I can’t find a way to do this. Currently if a call comes in I have to ask the caller to wait while I dig out my device and manually switch the call from the hearing aid to the phone. It’s driving me bonkers. Help?

1 Like

Go into settings and click on Bluetooth.
Your aids should be listed.
Click on the gear wheel to the right.
It should list your permissions.
Turn off phone calls.
My aids are not connected to the phone.
They can’t connect.
My pixel buds are.
I can turn off phone calls on them.
You can leave media on.

Unfortunately, the only permission option I see is access to contacts and call history. It’s very frustrating! But you’ve given me an idea and I’m going to dig through any other places that permissions are set. Thanks.