Widex Moment 440 Hearing Aids and App

Lately the app is not able to find my hearing aids unless I turn them off and turn them back on. It’s a relatively new issue. When I bought the hearing aids about 6 months ago of course I ensured that the phone model (Samsung Galaxy A24) was compatible with the hearing aids and app.

Widex is blaming the phone. I also noticed that in the past 6 months Widex hasn’t even issued one update to the app, which makes me think they’re not on top of any changes to Android OS that might be in play.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Thanks!
Jerry
https://www.youtube.com/@astromusicvideo

The app hasn’t changed, the HA haven’t changed. That leaves on only one possible source, the phone. For what it’s worth I have had no such issue with the SmartRIC 44, the app and Samsung tablet S7 FE. Good luck with your troubleshooting.

Most publishers of software keep their software up-to-date when any changes to an OS are made. Widex doesn’t seem to be doing this.

For comparison, the Wide Moment app has continued to work without problems across the recent versions of iPhone iOS 17.x.x without any new versions of the app being released.
Looks like Widex has not rechecked if their app continues to work for new versions of the Android OS.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the conclusion I’ve come to.