Why is there no discussion about Miracle-Ear hearing aids?

Seems like most HAs need boxes for streaming from TV :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I wish I could find a box that will work with my ME HAs so I don’t have to buy from ME. Currently I have the ME3 which looks like the Signia Styletto X

What about the StreamLine Mic, I suppose that’s not much cheaper then the TV streamer, but you could use this with any bluetooth device, your smartphone and TV through the microphone, I’ve used this device myself and it works well, but…the battery run time is a little short!

Are you sure that it’s a Styletto X? Because that’s a previous generation, and even current (AX) is already more than two years old and is going to be replaced by IX soon.
IX platform on behind-the-ear is Auracast enabled and will enable more options of connectivity (with other brands too).
Unfortunately current range of Signia’s streaming accessories is old, shitty and expensive.

There are actually ASHA enabled TV devices that can connect directly to HAs

My neighbor has the newest Miracle Ear RIC aids. They are the Resound Nexia aids from what I can tell. So I would think the Resound TV streamer would work with them or at least worth trying.

From what I can tell Miracle Ear doesn’t make hearing aids. They just rebadge them.

If these are Signia, figure out which aids they are. Then a used TV streamer to match should be easy.

1 Like

“ASHA enabled TV devices that can connect directly to HAs” ?? :thinking:
Do you think any may be compatible with Miracle Ear?
Is there a particular one you would suggest and maybe where to look?
Fire TV now advertises " ASHA to stream directly to Bluetooth-capable hearing aids". I tried to pair and Fire doesn’t see my HAs…
I think I’m going to have to purchase a box (hopefully used) and I’m looking for a compatible one since the ME TV03 is so expensive…
Thanks for any more help!

AFAIK, AX is the oldest platform which is ASHA enabled, if you have Stylettos X rebrands (I’ve just checked your model and indeed you do) then unfortunately you’re out of luck.

On the other hand, ME says that these (based on X) should be connectable via classic Bluetooth to a myriad devices, so first I would check that. (they will be in a pairing mode only for few mins after taking out of the charger).
I don’t remember this being the case with original Stylettos X.

ASHA is an universal protocol and should work with any combination of ASHA enabled devices.

1 Like

Does such a beast actually exist (genuine question- I’ve never heard of one)?

2 Likes

Latency has been an issue.

You might be thinking about classic Bluetooth, I’ve never heard about latency issues with ASHA, and I’ve never had any.

The link posted has all the devices listed, quite a few of them actually. The update enabling this was released last year [2023]. That’s not really all that surprising, since Amazon’s TV devices are Android based.
I suspect that there are generic Android TV sticks and dongles with ASHA enabled just no one checked.

It also appears that Amazon started releasing this in 2022:

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion…after thinking and your answer, instead of spending around 1K I would rather go back to pursuing finding the TX that will work with me ME HAs.
It’s Just in the kitchen with wifey and dog it’s really noisy and I JUST want to hear the TV. I will look at a HE and do it myself once these are dead.
Now IF I Could find someone who has a sigma or ME box I would love to try to make sure they work…

Well they are saying Fire TV 4th gen are ASHA…just doesn’t seem my HEs.

I like your thinking but I need to fined someone that either has been there done that or I need to find a box to try…purchased several BT TX from Amazoo and they didn’t work…it was a shot in the dark…
Now I will look for the ASHA types and try to test one…

I was wrong about the Amazon models, these are the ones:

Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation)
Fire TV Cube (3rd Generation)
Fire TV Omni QLED Series
Fire TV Omni Series
Fire TV 4-Series
Fire TV 2-Series

I tried mine on my new Fire TV 4k and it didn’t work but then again the Fire TV 4k is not the “Fire TV 4-Series” like I had ASSumed

What I do is turn on the TV in the family room, put my iPhone on live listen, set it right under the TV, then go to the kitchen. Works great as long as you don’t need to see the TV.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s something new I learnt.

1 Like

That’s the one thing about Android (damn gurgle)…they are just now getting to ASHA but very problematic…good thought but it won’t work in my application…

It’s not Google’s fault in this case, ASHA has to implemented by each manufacturer. Google’s Pixel line of phones has excellent ASHA support.

2 Likes

ASHA just came out in Android 12 or 13…yes Google/Android used the old BT that was power hog

1 Like

We finally covered Miracle Ear:

Please let me know if we missed anything!!

2 Likes

You’re making the right move by using insurance to cover some of the costs. This will help you get quality devices. If your insurance covers the cost of devices not purchased in specialized stores, it is worth checking. Given your severe tinnitus, it is important to choose hearing aids that will help manage this problem. If you liked the sound of ME, that’s a good sign.