Which Jabra's, where to get, and Black Friday

Just a few last minute considerations before my appt on Sat, Nov 25

1. Black Friday? Does it make any difference at Costco regarding HA?

2. The Jabras from Costco are “unlocked” for sure, right? So I can do my own programming?

3. Whether to get mine at Costco (forty miles away), or Jabra online? (I had an audiogram locally 3 weeks ago and will get another at Costco on the 25th). I will be getting and using a Noahlink, so weighing whether to travel 40 miles for checkups occasionally for 3 years, or just planning to use the Noahlink right from the start. Plus any price difference.

4. Equating what Jabra calls theirs online versus the Costco models
    If Costco: the Pro 20
    If Jabra online: Enhance Select 200, 100, 50 (see pics below)

5. The size difference between HA’s that take the 13 battery compared to the 312. I think I saw the 13’s last longer and are generally used in a HA using telecoil. I’m not planning on using telecoil, so would the larger HA/battery be worth it to get extended battery life?

Thanks to all of you on the forum, your insight and knowledge is invaluable.
Happy Thanksgiving!

JabraCompare2

1. No Black Friday sales on Costco hearing aids.
  2. I believe they are unlocked.
  3. Buy the Jabra Pro 20 at Costco. They have the ability to use Bluetooth LE Audio and Auracast.
  4. The Jabra Enhance Select sold online are over-the-counter hearing aids. So not the right one for your left ear since they are for those with mild to moderate hearing loss.
1 Like

i read somewhere here in this forum that the Jabra Enhance Select OTC hearing aids are not programmable via Noahlink Wireless and not connect with Noahlink Wireless.

That would make sense, since the app that comes with the OTC Enhance select takes the place of it programmer.

Plus, I suspect the OTC hearing aid doesn’t have LE Audio or Auracast that the Pro 20 has now.

The Jabra Pro 20 should also allow remote programming by a Costco fitter, providing the fitter and Traildragger can make it work.

1 Like

There’s a Premium package for $200 extra that includes remote programming, so I would hope they can do a bit more than just make tweaks in the app that you could have made yourself. But I don’t know.

• Black Friday? Does it make any difference at Costco regarding HA?

Have to wait and see. 2023 may be different. Unlikely, but possible, I guess.

• The Jabras from Costco are “unlocked” for sure, right? So I can do my own programming?

Yes.

• Whether to get mine at Costco (forty miles away), or Jabra online? (I had an audiogram locally 3 weeks ago and will get another at Costco on the 25th). I will be getting and using a Noahlink, so weighing whether to travel 40 miles for checkups occasionally for 3 years, or just planning to use the Noahlink right from the start. Plus any price difference.

• Equating what Jabra calls theirs online versus the Costco models

The Pro 10 is closer to the 200 than the Pro 20 is.

If Costco: the Pro 20 is newer than the 200 and offers more - mainly BTLE audio. The Pro 20 is $400 less tan the 200, as far as I can make out - $1600 for Pro 20s with better than the $2000 Enhance 200 package.

If Jabra online: Enhance Select 200, 100, 50 (see pics below)

• The size difference between HA’s that take the 13 battery compared to the 312. I think I saw the 13’s last longer and are generally used in a HA using telecoil. I’m not planning on using telecoil, so would the larger HA/battery be worth it to get extended battery life?
    [/quote]

The Pro 10 that takes the 13 battery is a few mm thicker than the 312 but lasts a lot longer. I wear glasses and use the 13s with no discomfort. YMMV.

I was getting 2 weeks from my Costco 13s, but the last couple of batteries have give me 7-12 days. I haven’t used a Jabra + 312, but I got a week from 312s and Philips 9010 and 4 days with 312s and Philips 9030s, so I expect 4-7 days from Jabras + 312s. I’ll tell you this: despite my unhappiness with rechargeables, I’d prefer the hassles with rechargeables to the hassles with changing batteries every 4 days. Again, YMMV.

1 Like

Thanks to all. Looking more and more like the Pro 20s. I wear glasses too, and haven’t had a problem with my old iHear pro max, or the 30-day trial of these Widex . Phil, you mentioned hassles with rechargeables. My main concern with them is that the batteries might go bad and they can’t be changed easily/inexpensively (I don’t travel or camp much)

My main concern was travel and the fact that I actually misplaced my charger while on a trip.

My insurance now covers new aids every 3 years, and my state will start requiring health insurance to cover new aids every 2 years, so warranty is my main concern. I think it’s a good bet that batteries will last more than 2 or 3 years.

IOW, I think rechargeables are a good bet if you travel little; if you don’t want to take the risk, or if you do want to keep your aids longer than 3-4 years, get ones that use batteries that provide juice for longer than 312s do.

1 Like

Reporting back. I had my first appointment at the Overland Park (Kansas City, Kansas) Costco on Saturday, November 25, 2023. I chose the Jabra Pro 20’s with the disposable 13 batteries (the Pro 20’s are not available with 312’s) and they said I could return on Sunday Dec 3 to pick them up. On Saturday Dec 2, they called and had a vacancy, and that I could pick them up. My followup appt was set for Dec 27. $1599.88 to be exact, and no tax on medical devices in Kansas. Included were 20 open domes, some extra batteries, brush and wax filters.

The initial exam filled up 90 minutes, and was very complete, including REM. The protocol was not set to a reduced level, at my request. The followup exam on Dec 27 lasted 25 minutes and only minor tweaks were needed, and I had the clinician reduce the “standard” volume.

I asked the clinician about his education. He said that he could do some of in online, but had a good part of it at the local Jr College. Then he had clinicals that had to be done in Wichita (if I remember right). He said it often took two years, but he was able to do it in just over one.

EVERY aspect of the experience, the hardware, the software, and the service I would rate at
10 out of 10

I love the app, and found that you can make up to 20 “custom” settings, but am also learning what so many on this forum have talked about, “I’d rather have the HA set so that I can put them in in the morning and forget about them until I take them out at night, rather than have a great app.” But I like the app too.
Can’t say enough good about all of it!

4 Likes