Which Bluetooth hearing aids to buy?

Hello. I have tenitus and minor hearing loss. I am looking to buy myself hearing aids but am on a bit of a budget. Is there any hearing aids that Would work for both hearing better and for Still being able to bluetooth connect to my music?

Hey Ash_W, welcome aboard! You’ll get more input than from me, but first things first: It’s TINNITUS (that way you’ll prove to your audiologist you know what you’re sayin’) :wink:

The only way anyone anywhere can even grope to an answer for you is to see an audiogram. Cart before the horse here if you ask before anyone can see what kind of loss you’re talking about. Minor hearing losses could mean you could buy an OTC model or something super small BUT it may not have Bluetooth capability! So be very careful weighing your options here.

Most aids DO have BT connectivity, but be sure if you end up with a small, OTC model, BT is available.

I have Phonak Lumity Life aids, and they are paired + connected to my Samsung Galaxy Flip-4 cell phone, to my laptop, and to a special Roger ON iN V2 mic that can be taken to restaurants or other places to stream effortlessly.

The most important thing I learned regarding BT + aids + cell phones right here on the board was to check the OS version on your cell phone. My Android was on V12, giving me barely 11 hrs of daily use from my rechargeable aids. After I downloaded V13, I’m up to 17.5 hrs of use. But then I’m a total power user, deaf as a cinderblock, needing that extra juice.

Do you have a plan for WHERE you’d buy the aids? There’s everything from Costco to dedicated hearing clinics/dispensers, to remote online sites, to even eBay!

Have you had an audiogram done? If so, what were you advised? If not, I’d suggest going to Costco. You can get a hearing test there. If you can afford ~$1500, problem solved. They have several models available. If $1500 is too much, you’re going to need to look at either used or over the counter hearing aids.

1 Like