Where in Target do you check Roger serial numbers?

Edit, just googled and see that Roger carries 24 month warranty so read my post with that in mind, thanks. Further edit and see post #6; At least in Target 9.05, one checks warranty status via serial number entry there (NOT in Roger upgrader).

Where in Target do you check Roger serial numbers? Some posts indicate to check SNs of possible used purchases in Target but not sure where to do that. I’m looking at buying Roger external mic. I’d be using Roger with KS10s. Thanks …

ALSO, assuming that a Roger mic product e.g. Roger ON has a 3 year warranty, and you enter the SN in Target and say find that it is only 33 months into that warranty range, are there frequent circumstances that Phonak would NOT honor the warranty? The only thing I’d be wanting Phonak to do is replace the rechargeable battery. I do understand that end user can not send item to Phonak, but it must be sent in via an audi or other professional who will charge a fee on top of Phonak’s ridicualous charge for the battery replacement.

======
I have seen posts in forum with some info on DIY replacement of battery for Roger Select, and while dealing with the torx screws wold not be a problem, not sure of a source for the actual battery.
Is the Roger ON secured via only torx screws? SInce it is not water proof perhaps getting inside of it to replace battery wouldn’t be impossible.

For the Roger ON, article on HearingTracker previewed the first version of Roger ON with anticipated available USA date of spring 2021. So it’d seem that even the oldest purchases of Roger ON should still be under warranty if indeed it is 3 years - that’d make purchase from Ebay or elsewhere a lot less of a gamble.

Target is for hearing aids.

Roger Upgrader Software is for Roger equipment but pretty sure it doesn’t tell you about Warranties.

Most warranties are not valid if bought second hand anyway.

2 Likes

Much thanks @Zebras ,

@Edma

Easily available on the Phonak website as well.

Thanks again, and slighlty ironic that you are one of the sources of my thinking I needed to check SN in Target as March '19 you had posted:

Mar '19

I bought a Phonak Roger 10 off eBay. The serial number doesn’t seem to work when I put it into the Target software.

When I put my Roger 10 that I currently have, it comes up with the warranty details.

I looked with a light and a magnifier. I’ve definitely got it right.

Actually this is NOT my experience, meaning: When I finally update Target 7.1.11 to current V9.05, in the Target software (NOT your suggested Roger Upgrader) at bottom in I believe it is Tools tab in the left column you click on warranty. You then have 4 fill in boxes to enter serial number(s), and some Phonak data base indicates warranty status, or No Information (the latter was true for most but not all Ebay offerings as extremely likely that they’d be older and out of warranty).

While grateful to @Zebras for all of his help, part of the confusion around Roger is some of the inaccurate info on our own forum.

Just be aware we are Users and not Professionals.

Even professionals get it wrong.

No matter what your age, we never stop learning!

NOT! :roll_eyes:

1 Like