When fitting Oticon More1, what features will I lose if I choose NAL-NL2 and drop VAC+?

For Oticon high-end products, they have high-end features such as MoreSound Intelligence, MoreSound Amplifier, Soft Speech Booster, and more. Also, their Fitting Formulas are optional for VAC+.
If we look at Oticon’s low-end products, they have no high-end features, and at the same time, Fitting Formulas do not include VAC+.

So, I have two questions:
1, is there some kind of correlation between these high end features and VAC+?

2, The most important question: when fitting Oticon More1, what high-end features would I lose when I go with NAL-NL2 and drop the VAC+?

Thanks for any guidance!

I don’t know. But I have a a self-educated layperson’s guess…

The fitting rationales provide only amplification targets as functions of input frequencies and levels. So you would not lose features per se in the sense of features provided by the HA software, such as the high-end features you mention. But the rationales have features in the sense of choices of compression kneepoints and degrees of compression and possibly other characteristics of the target curves the rationale generates.

If you have Genie 2 software, go into Help, search on Rationales, and choose VAC+ to see its “features” in the second sense.

1 Like