What's going on? (long long post)

I agree with Raudrive that LE audio is not the issue. Bottomline. Bluetooth is often “glitchy.” Another Pixel 6A might work fine (or not). I’d stick with recent Pixels, Samsungs or iPhones. I give iPhones the best chance of working well, but nothing is guaranteed as people report issues with them too.

1 Like

I use KS10 constantly for two years and had a vartiety of small quirks at first.

I would definitely unpair and remove all devices from bluetooth and add them back starting with aids. Test aids as only b t device.

My phone is paired to my aids, a speaker, galaxy buds pro, galaxy watch and car. The speaker is also paired to my computer. All works fine except if I leave car with phone, it switches to phone permanently (have to power cycle car audio or choose in bt on phone). I have to manually choose the speaker to use it as a mic instead of the aids.

I would think all aids should perform at least as well. I have a variety of issue if I get 40ish ft from m y phone.

I think you could easily convince a vrrizon, att, apple store to loan you s phone or try one instore for 30 to 60 minutes.

Phone is galaxy s23 ultra.

SOME PROGRESS
At my appointment with the audiologist I discussed at length the ongoing problems I’m having with the N8 and the Pixel 6a. Surprisingly the audiologist said she had another client with exactly the same problem. The audiologist lent me a phone clip saying the clip had previously been used to reconcile Bluetooth issues. Unfortunately it did not help. So while I haven’t found a solution yet I now have an advocate pushing for answers.

Where is the Phonak aid at when you did these tests?

This has me wondering if the N8 is faulty. But where was the Phonak aid when this test was done? Which Phonak aid do you have?

Did you ever try turning Bluetooth off and then back on when having the static issues?

Do you use a TV streamer? Does this problem happen with that?

Thanks

Phonak was in the same room but was turned off with the battery door open. Already disconnected and “forget” on phone. Cochlear sent me a new sound processor. When I tried the new one the problem still existed, so I assume the sound processor is ok. Yes, if I turn the bluetooth on and off the problem goes away for another 10 minutes. Also just stopping the app for a few seconds and restarting will clear the problem for 10 minutes. Yes, I use a tv streamer and it works fine. I’m sure some people would just accept this problem as yet another bluetooth quirk. But I stream a lot so being able to stream without interruption is important to me.

1 Like

You are not the only person dealing with this.

So far it is happening with Google Pixel 6, 7 and 8 phones with Cochlear N7, K2 and N8 processors that I can tell from just reading around tis forum and a little on Facebook.

I wonder if this a needed update for Google or Cochlear??

I just sent a message to Google Support about this issue. If I hear back from them I will pass this on to the forum.

I didn’t realize the problem was so prevalent. If google is the only android phone that is having problems isn’t it likely to be the phone? I just wish Cochlear would take google phones off the compatibility list. I bought my pixel 6a when I got the implant because my old phone (bottom line Samsung) was not on the list. I did speak with someone from Cochlear on Friday and we tried some additional steps to try to solve the problem – to no avail. But she is going to call me back on Monday to try additional “things”.

1 Like

I did not have this issue with the Pixel 3.

I have a problem with static occasionally. What I do when I notice the static is to turn off anything with a motor. Eg RC air conditioner, ceiling fan etc. (yes it’s summer here) I also turn down my sensitivity in the app, doing both these things helps. It doesn’t fix the issue but makes it more tolerable.

1 Like